A question. I started studying today... (1 Viewer)

hall of mirrors

HSC
I am doing a past paper, 2004, and i came across this question:

"“It is wishful thinking to suppose that we all see art in the same way; contexts change and so do our perceptions. “

Account for the ways beliefs and attitudes shape our perceptions of the art of the past. "

It says that it is under 'frames', but I am confused as to how I would interpret this question with frames, I would have thought it was about the conceptual framework?

...help?? Art theory really doesnt come that naturally to me..

shortie_689

HSC
is that the question that has like photos of junk an stuff that is all different kinda like a collection of items that describe a persons life in a way

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
^^ yeh i agree with that.
I guess i should start studying soon ay.. its been too long since my last exam i feel like i've finished

hall of mirrors

HSC
i second that

TELL ME ABOUT IT. I 'v had days to study but so far havent moved a pen. Two days to go :D

p.s thanks for that, i guess i really dont know my stuff. im sitting here trying to structure a conceptual framework essay, and i cant even work out what i'm supposed to be dealing with =\

HSC
N/A
My art teacher (a Senior HSC marker up until last year, and Assistant Supervisor of BOW Marking) says it's best if you're not too strong at art theory, to go with the conceptual framework questions, as they are much more accessible. I believe he is right.

For example (from the HSC 2004 paper)
A 'PRACTICE' QUESTION

Art historian Michael Baxandall argues that:
‘A fifteenth-century painting is the deposit of a social relationship. On the one
side there was a painter who made the picture, or at least supervised its making.
On the other side there was somebody else who asked him to make it.’

Discuss the significance of social relationships to the practice of architects/designers and/or other practitioners.

As apposed to the first CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK question, a very accesible-

Why do contemporary artworks make particular demands on audiences?

He also insists students stay away from the 'Practice' questions altogether if they are not entirely strong at art theory, unless there happens to be a question you are entirely confident in answering.

Too bad I'm the only person in my class that actually cares enough about art to listen to his advice *shakes fist*

Last edited:

shortie_689

HSC
Honestly my teacher said you could write almost anything as long as you back it up with evidence from the artwork I was honestly hopeless at art theory but once i started to put that information into practice i did A LOT better... I really surprised myself in the exam

hall of mirrors

HSC
thanks alot guys that makes me feel better. ahwell, better start studying...i havent done a thing since i last posted this.

:D

chensta

HSC
N/A
okay, i havent started studying either, and i am pretty clueless about the whole 'art' thing. Looking around some of the names sound familiar, but thats about it :) So if I was to just learn about say maybe 2 artists, who should i do that will give me the highest chance of answering on the questions, or do the questions usually require you to use 2 or more artists, so i gotta link them?

drama_fag

HSC
artemisia gentilschi and anselm kiefer

theyre winners hahaha

i havent started studying either

wayyyyy too chilled out.

**looks outside** ...maybe ill read thru my notes outside

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
chensta said:
okay, i havent started studying either, and i am pretty clueless about the whole 'art' thing. Looking around some of the names sound familiar, but thats about it :) So if I was to just learn about say maybe 2 artists, who should i do that will give me the highest chance of answering on the questions, or do the questions usually require you to use 2 or more artists, so i gotta link them?
do cindy sherman n patricia piccinini and 3 artworks each.. they are pretty easy to find on the net and n are easy to blabber on about.. just all about technology, genetic manipulation and female steretypes etc..

im just reading over a essay i did for the trials tonight, i know enough to do alright so im not fussed atm

wigzell_king

HSC
i am so confused about this exam.. coz you know how section 1 is all unknown.. are the actual topics we studied this year deffinatley going to be in the actual exam.. coz i did indigenous nakedness and colonial australian.. snore

is that was what everyone did so it will actually be in it.. or was that studying.. not fully worth it.. grrr tehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)