A Question in regards to my scientific investigation.... (1 Viewer)

MysteryMoon

HSC
So I have to plant something and determine whether it grows better in light or dark. It says to design an experiment to "determine whether a physical environmental factor will affect the way they grow. I've put some under my plants under a lampshade since I live in a really small flat with broken blinds and covered windows so I couldn't put them directly near some "natural" sunlight.

Is it any different if my plants were placed under a lampshade as light instead of natural sunlight near a window???

HSC
The result might be different, but it shouldn't have any effect on the validity of your experiment. 'Physical environmental factor' does not necessarily mean 'natural environmental factor'. The environment does not have to be natural.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I am guessing yes since they may not only need visible light but other waves in the spectrum to grow

kacca29

HSC
N/A
Any light source should be ok. No it's not the same as natural light but as long as you have a clear difference in your dependent variable and have controlled all the other variables, you will be fine. Where have you put the plants for the dark?

MysteryMoon

HSC
I've placed the plants in the drawer for the dark, and the other plants are on top of drawer beneath the lampshade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)