• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A question of mortality (1 Viewer)

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
hmm since id stay the same age, i guess you could keep repeating the HSC to get 100? lol

joke.

serious :)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i'd be cool like dr manhattan
and go and live in some galaxy far away
start anew

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Of course i would take immortality. There are endless things to do in the world.

I take that old set of lyrics from a Pet shop boys song 'Being boring' as a motto for life
"We were never feeling bored Cause we were never being boring"

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
Except that over a million years homo sapiens would evolve and eventually you would be a physical (and probably mental) outcast, which would be a shame.
Would still do it though.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
Better of the chance, you'd be captured by scientists and spend the million years in torturous captivity being studied.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Yeah i would love it and consider it a fantastic opertunity, but lots of planning would be needed. I have read a few books with this or something similiar as a premise. Fake a few ids and build up your wealth. I would probably just live a normal life and make as much money as possible until people start to notice that i am not aging, i would probably hit about 60 before it becomes weird, with makeup and stuff i might make it to 70, then i would transfer my money out, move to a new country with a fake id and start again.

Eventually i would build up enough wealth, safe houses in every country, after a few hundred years i should have connections with many powerful people and a lot of money. Now i start influencing events, convert a lot of those safehouses into small hidden barracks with a small armed force of fanatics or just mercenaries in each one. Now i hopefully wont have to worry about inprisonment because i can just get my army in that area to break me out.

Throw some money around, become friends with everyone in power and start pushing for space travel and environmentally sustainable practises. Also some evil stuff, cut down the population, birthing control, a few orchetrated wars and the 1 billion rule, that the global population can never go above 1 billion.

Yeah ive thought about this way too much, obviously the first hundred years or so are the hardest part as you try and build up wealth and influence as well as not arouse suspicion about your powers. once you have enough money and power being detected shouldnt be a problem, just kill whoever knows and bribe whoever suspects. easy.

ziki

HSC
stupid question, obviously no one would choose death. it should be something like you can live 1million years but you are disable and have to stay in bed always or choose to die the next day but you can spend today like a super rich person

Russdog

russell
HSC
definitely the million years

i'd just become a recording artist. and every generation stage a death, etc, and come back as a new recording artist. and keep finding beautiful wives, to live with me in the desert/jungle/bahamas/whatever.

Venom.

HSC
Living through all your friends dying 100,000 times over does not appeal to me. But yes, 1000 years and I'd deal it.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
It would suck if you chose life then the next day the world population got wiped out like on the tv show wipeout. How boring would the next 999999 years go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)