• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A question regarding receiving your HSC. (1 Viewer)

Augmentation

HSC
Hi there. First off, good luck to everybody in their upcoming exams. Fun stuff, I say.

Now, just a question about getting just your HSC. The Board of Studies says notes that requirements for getting your HSC as follows:

• be enrolled at either a NSW government school, an accredited non-government school or a TAFE NSW institute
  • study a permitted combination of courses
  • complete the syllabus requirements for each course
  • sit for, and make a genuine attempt at, the required Higher School Certificate examinations
  • complete the HSC: All My Own Work program in ethical scholarship (or its equivalent).

Pretty simple question here: do your actual exam marks contribute towards getting your HSC? Forget ATAR here. If you got, say, 14% in Physics yet you'd fulfilled all the requirements above (including giving each question a genuine attempt) would you still receive your HSC? It might sound like a bit of an obvious question but it has been annoying me for a while.

Note: no, I'm not expecting to get 14% in Physics - I don't even do the subject.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
There is no minimum mark required for the HSC, but you must make a serious attempt at all questions.

The HSC does not report 14/100, but <30/100. Saves embarrassment ...

Augmentation

HSC
Ah, thank you. I believed that was the case but wasn't entirely sure as I haven't seen anything that specifies as such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)