a really dumb qustion (1 Viewer)

Natalie Chicken

HSC
hey people... ive just started yr 12 n all i hear is STUDY STUDY STUDY!! and to make study notes. the problem is, i find it heaps hard to make notes. i end up writing a text book lol!! and im deadly with a high lighter... i cant summarise for crap! i end up highlighting full paragraphs!
so any tips or reccommendations would be most appreciated. also, if you want to be oh so generous and email me any of ur notes, my email is, natelly@optusnet.com.au
btw does the whole recording ur notes thing work? lol but how do i make the damn notes?!?1:confused: sorry... just really stressed!!
thanks in advance guys! :D

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Make your OWN NOTES!

You won't even understand the work, make your own notes to understand.

You got heaps of time, relax do summaries slowly and you will get it done

Nuff SAID, it would be fair for yr 11'ers to get stress like us yr 12's did.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
when u summarisie u must have the overalll picture in ur head... if a particular pt does not relate to the overall syllabus.. dont bother...

so when u write notes, always ask urself.. where does this bit fit in the big picture? ...also write keywords... and try to use the keywords and construct ur own sentence... i usualli just simplify the sentneces to the most basic forms,

and i find writing in bullet point form is betta than notes with big flowing sentences.... and editing lyk identatin, various colours also help u to organise notes.. and remember them.......

wot subjects do u do?

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by Natalie Chicken

btw does the whole recording ur notes thing work?
If you asking wether recording notes and listening to them while you sleep works, then i think studies have proven that it hasn't, i looked it up a while ago
If you're asking wether recording notes then listening to them while you're awake works, then i think it's pretty effective, as long as you are paying attention

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I tried it for SDD. I failed

I never wrote my own notes.

I downloaded dot points from this site and basically re-wrote them trying more of understanding rather than getting it done ASAP.

Because other pplz dot points describe the main feature of the dot point rather than the textbook which could blabber on for ages.

After you are confident then you go to using the textbook to refine your dot points.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
stress in a way is good for you body. it relases some type of hormone that does good things to you :uhhuh:

Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
Make your OWN NOTES!

You won't even understand the work, make your own notes to understand.

You got heaps of time, relax do summaries slowly and you will get it done

Nuff SAID, it would be fair for yr 11'ers to get stress like us yr 12's did.
thats very true. when u make ur own notes, u have a personal understanding of the work. its catreed for you, not enyone else. i might write things i need that you dont..

higlighitn isnt enough. u have to actually write them out and summarise them. you should be transformin 100 lines into less than 10.. u need to brush up ur summarising skills for further track down year 12 :)

tempco

HSC
The more you write, the more you remember. But if you teach the work you know, you'll know it even better.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I believe that one of the best ways to make your own notes is to.. write them! :) Try this: read a paragraph or two on a topic. After you're sure you understand it, close your textbook, grab a pen and write down as much as you remember in your own words. Do this again maybe a few days later and you'll find it easier to remember later on. :)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by NekkidSerpent
The more you write, the more you remember. But if you teach the work you know, you'll know it even better.

yeah in terms of remembering things.....

reading is onli 10% effective whereas teaching someone is 85% effective.. so grab a study partern or just ur little brother or sister.. and tell them to sit there and listen to u blab on.. :p

crazylilmonkee

HSC
tables and diagrams for variety.. easier to remember that way.. esp if ur a visual person

Natalie Chicken

HSC
thanks for all your help guys! yeh you're right... i do find teaching someone gets it stuck in my head much easier... as for the highlighting... i have to break them ;)
good luck all! thanks again! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)