A revelation... (1 Viewer)

LGBTQIA rights: where do you stand?

• Total voters

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It (gay marriage should be legal) as I haven't ever heard any coherent & logical reasons as to why it should not be. In saying that though, would I regard it as at the forefront of Australia's problems? No, Australia has bigger problems (immigration, cultural issues, gfc flow on effects still, welfare, taxation etc).

na110793

HSC
It (gay marriage should be legal) as I haven't ever heard any coherent & logical reasons as to why it should not be. In saying that though, would I regard it as at the forefront of Australia's problems? No, Australia has bigger problems (immigration, cultural issues, gfc flow on effects still, welfare, taxation etc).
Irrespective of how large of a problem it is, it is still a social issue of our time.

SunnyScience

HSC
Irrespective of how large of a problem it is, it is still a social issue of our time.
I strongly believe the only current social issue is the prevalence of people who won't let it happen. Let's face it - as the years tick away, the older generations who make up the large majority of people against these equality acts will die and it will be passed eventually as a result.

na110793

HSC
I strongly believe the only current social issue is the prevalence of people who won't let it happen. Let's face it - as the years tick away, the older generations who make up the large majority of people against these equality acts will die and it will be passed eventually as a result.
I'm a healthy 19 year old.

Short of a random act of violence, I won't be dead in a few years.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't expect anyone to understand my views. I know they are warped, and I am a warped individual. My statement is that I don't consider LGBTQIA people normal. I consider them abnormal. They don't fulfil what I consider normal.
I am not trolling, nor do I ask for flaming. So far, I haven't insulted anyone.
I don't understand how abnormal makes it abhorrent. Yes it is a minority group. But because they are not going with the "majority" it should not be allowed? What even constitutes a "normal" person anyway? What race, occupation, hair colour, education level etc. is a "normal" person? I don't understand your argument. I may find child beauty pageants abnormal and wearing flippers abnormal but it doesn't mean it's not normal to kids in the pageant circuit. It's all a matter of perspective.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
"How can he voice his opinion on something that I find offensive, yet I can't voice my opinion on something that HE finds offensive?"
Because the uni allows him to. The uni is a private business, they can decide what speech they allow, they're not required to allow open speech and debate, they don't owe anyone a right to speech, they are free to be selective and biased, and they exercise that right.

You are free to speak against lgbt rights - just not in certain places at that university. If you want to express yourself, don't go to that university to do so.

What sort of democracy do we live in, and what sort of freedom of speech is afforded to us, when the very thing we want to voice our opinions on can land us in hot water legally?​
How can voicing your opinion on lgbt rights land you in hot water legally?

What you're saying isn't illegal or prohibited, or it wouldn't be published on this website.

Why are we shunned and treated as social pariahs?
It's not because of the law. It's because people think you're a cunt.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A

What you're saying isn't illegal or prohibited, or it wouldn't be published on this website.
Ask Andrew Bolt. His is being silenced by the Gillard government and cannot legally even link to some articles published in other major Australian newspapers.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
His muzzle was caused by racial slurring though.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Ask Andrew Bolt. His is being silenced by the Gillard government and cannot legally even link to some articles published in other major Australian newspapers.
1. The racial discrimination act has nothing to do with lgbt-rights
2. The Gillard government didn't introduce that law, Bolts violation of any existing law has nothing to do with the incumbent government.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Because the uni allows him to. The uni is a private business, they can decide what speech they allow, they're not required to allow open speech and debate, they don't owe anyone a right to speech, they are free to be selective and biased, and they exercise that right.

You are free to speak against lgbt rights - just not in certain places at that university. If you want to express yourself, don't go to that university to do so.
I thought unis were public.

I'm halfway in between "pro" and "don't care" but slightly leaning to pro. I wouldn't be out in the streets protesting about the issue, I mean gays can pretty much do everything already in Australia and less and less people are getting married these days with all these de-facto relationships and bastards.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
One question, if society said it was wrong for you to be attracted to girls and tried to change your 'chosen' sexuality to homosexuality by withholding rights given to pretty much everyone else, you'd be pissed off. Right?

I acknowledge the above is vague, possibly exemplified, but the point is there.

And as a man with a sexuality which existence is questionable, why would you care if someone was asexual? They aren't attracted to any gender, why would you take offence to that? It makes no sense.

"Hey, you don't like men or women. CHOOSE ONE OR I HATE YOU! BUT CHOOSE THE RIGHT ONE OR I HATE YOU MORE!" Seriously, wtf? Do you not see how stupid that sounds?

SayWut

HSC
One thing I never understood about OP's "group" is why they actually waste their time trying to DENY the rights of the gays. Why the fuck would I waste time hating on someone when I can simply choose not to give a fuck? It just doesn't make sense.

EDIT:

Analogically, the "anti-gays" are the same kind of people who hate on Justin Bieber. They actually bother to spend time trolling and sending him hateful comments when they can choose to simply choose not to listen to his music. Personally, I dislike the music he produces so I simply choose to ignore it - even though I believe it is "wrong".

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

It's not because of the law. It's because people think you're a cunt.
Dat Graney

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Well the obvious inconsistency with your complaints OP is that you would treat other people as social pariahs whilst complaining that the same has been done to you.

Both groups are "allowed" to do this, meaning that they aren't doing anything criminal by believing that other people are strange.

You should also realise that others are real stupid like.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't expect anyone to understand my views. I know they are warped, and I am a warped individual. My statement is that I don't consider LGBTQIA people normal. I consider them abnormal. They don't fulfil what I consider normal.
I am not trolling, nor do I ask for flaming. So far, I haven't insulted anyone.
I'm pretty sure you calling me not normal is an insult

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
One thing I never understood about OP's "group" is why they actually waste their time trying to DENY the rights of the gays. Why the fuck would I waste time hating on someone when I can simply choose not to give a fuck? It just doesn't make sense.

EDIT:

Analogically, the "anti-gays" are the same kind of people who hate on Justin Bieber. They actually bother to spend time trolling and sending him hateful comments when they can choose to simply choose not to listen to his music. Personally, I dislike the music he produces so I simply choose to ignore it - even though I believe it is "wrong".
I dont think god is telling me to troll Bieber though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)