A Stich in time saves nine???? (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
watatank said:
Your writing still sucks.

I can't be bothered going into it too much, but in 'Brave New world,' the author satirises the class system. the classes are alpha, beta, gamma, delta and epsilon. Alpha's are like elite, and do all the high order thinking things and things that are important in their little world. And basically it goes down in skill levels as you get to betas, all the way to epsilons who are like the worst ppl ever. no hopers
Nice synopsis. :)

*Copies and Pastes*

Muahahaha...I'm so getting full marks in english now. :p

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you somehow extend that to an essay length piece of writing that manages to compare texts in order to explore them in relation to their context and examines ways in which social, cultural and historical context influences aspects of texts, basically how changes in context lead to changed values being reflected in texts ;)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well I guess you can express your knowledge of the text if you can use it in jokes. When I saw it I straight away knew someone had been reading BNW.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
pritnep said:
Well I guess you can express your knowledge of the text if you can use it in jokes. When I saw it I straight away knew someone had been reading BNW.
I've been doing a lot of english homework lately which probably drove me partially insane. Hence, the BNW allusions. I just wanted to see how long it could last. :)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
LottoX said:
Nobody got my BNW reference. =(((
Maybe your references are too subtle/intelligent that only someone with extensive knowledge of BNW would understand?

See, I only have superficial knowledge of BNW thus I can't even locate your reference. :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You cant say that he didnt try throughout Year 12 based on assumptions, and no facts. Having a UAI of 80.90 doesnt mean that you're a retard. In fact, you're actually insulting those who are mentally incapable.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You don't even have a UAI thus you don't have the right to diss everyone else with one until you do.

volition

arr.
HSC
amarsahinovic said:
now im aboutto enter year 11, and im thinking to myself, if i work hard noww, and work consistently for the next two years, i should be able to handl the strees and workload with out much of a problem. However i dont know if i will burn out. I find studying fun and i LOVE skool, but will working to hard lets say 3 hours a nite of study in year 11 and 12 the whole year through give me a breakdown. Or alternetivly have people found that its something that can be manadged. Im goign to try and study 3 hours a night to build a good base, but i would like to know what other people think.???
Don't forget to take into account that when you're planning your study routine, you're going to be very very optimistic. 3 hours of good work a night can be very hard to do. The best advice I can give you is try and get rid of any distractions(like MSN for example), and not to worry too much about yr 11 non-accelerated subjects, it's year 12 stuff that matters way more.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah- the original threadstarter had deleted a post before me criticising watatank's uai, and how he is a "retard" for getting such a "low" uai. pritnep can back me up on that :)

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yep someones post has been deleted.

You may or may not depends if the syllabus and required reading material changes and if your school actually does In the Wild as there are other options for Module A.

HSC
Kujah said:
Yeah- the original threadstarter had deleted a post before me criticising watatank's uai, and how he is a "retard" for getting such a "low" uai. pritnep can back me up on that :)
I missed the post :(. But I will try and reply to that. I will be the first to admit that I am not brilliant but I am certainly not stupid thanks very much. I had a little ability, I put a little work in...did enough, got the marks to get into uni and into something I wanted. I'm happy, I didnt try my hardest but I'm not too fussed.

I don't care how smart and diligent you are, you dont really have a right to speak as you dont have a uai. Come back when you do. Although when you do I won't care what it is, i will have finished two years of uni by then. seriously don't go calling people with my UAI retards. not only do I take offence to that, because I know I am not, there are others who perhaps weren't as smart as I was who tried their hardest and got the same mark who would also take offence to that. i don't have a high uai but it certainly isn't a low one. those who beat 80% of the state overall are not stupid. you also, as someone else said, make a mockery of those who are mentally unstable and what you would term a retard. that's just plain ignorance.

If you took offence to me calling others Epsilons, we did it in English class all the time. And if you study brave new world in year 12, you will probably do that too. No one takes that stuff seriously. And if you took offence to me saying that your writing sucks, it does suck. in all honesty it is a whole lot harder to read than what it is if you type it normally. and it just looks stupid and you won't be taken seriously by people who just can't be bothered to decipher your message.

Last edited:
HSC
LottoX said:
Nobody got my BNW reference. =(((
Hahaha well seeing as though I used the easiest techniques ever (Fordism and class system)...and didn't really worry about anything else....I can't say I wouldve had a chance of understanding that. hmm maybe that's why I got 73 in English hehe.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
This cliche/idiom is actually quite realistic.

However, some subjects such as English, you just cannot prepare 100% till you know what texts your teacher has chosen.:)

What you can do is prone up on your Comprehension Skills, Anaylsis of texts i.e. finding techniques + understanding what a feature article, etc is. Buying some books for these are very helpful! Practise Practise!!

Harkaraj

HSC
Uni Grad
Dude, you won't break down with 3 hours, 3 hours is nothing compared to what many people study, and that will most likely be the minimum time required in the next two years to get through with decent marks, so don't worry about breaking down.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
80.90 is a UAI for "retards"? You are a fucking fool. As someone who has a disabled sister and knows the difficulties "retarded" people face to even get 50% in their Year 7 yearlies, I do take great offence to that ignorant statement.

STFU, plz.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Your threads about favourite pens and 'stiches' are bullshit.

Evergreen

HSC
wtf.. topic creator ur a fukin retarded peice of shit. believing UAI has got to do with intelligence. UAI is all about effort, whether u have a high IQ or not is irrelevant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)