A tip for those entering uni in 2004... (2 Viewers)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but if you leave it on you know who has tried to contact you

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
I'm sure if there was an emergency there would be some other way of them contacting you.

That - and they can sms :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
kentwell, you may see this as a lame thread, but just look at iambored's reply (for example)... A thread of this sort was needed.

We are not at uni to listen to your phone ringing or vibrating on the desk with an incoming call or sms (or to listen to the mashing of keys while you reply). We are there to learn.

I should have put the following line at the bottom of my first post, but eh.
Were you allowed to take a call during a class while in high school? I think not.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
generator - i agree with you 100%. there is nothing more annoying in class, where phones are prohibited altogether, than being distracted by a vibrating table. and i hate it when people decide they will take their phone out and message someone during a lesson, i don't know why, and it shouldn't but it distracts me until they put the phone away. i decided to add my air head comment as people on the page before were saying there is no reason to leave it on.

anyway, for people who do want to leave it on - make a profile in your phone called UNI. no noise, no vibrating alert, nothing, and turn that on before the lectures.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh it annoys me when guys at work bend down in the checkout to check on their phone.. its like hello why would everyone try to call/message u at work.. if it was really urgent they could call the actual work place
even worse.. year 7s on the bus playing their ringtones
grrr

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
lol why do year 7s need phones?
Some parents like to know that they can get in contact with their children at all times and feel comforted know that:).

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
never thought of that reason! but at school they are safe. a lot of them have them to show off.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
never thought of that reason! but at school they are safe. a lot of them have them to show off.
Some have to walk home though. It is true that most probably get them to have the latest and the greatest little gadget though:cool:.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well for the ones that have to walk home it's understandable

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
This is true :)
I got a phone when I was in yr 8 for that very purpose...
But unfortunately it was stolen in yr 11 :(
Shit phone anyway...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)