A tutor scammed me (1 Viewer)

photastic

HSC
he made a free tutoring ad but he wasn't legit. I couldn't find him on hsc distinguished achievers so clearly he was a fake
Actually found him. His marks are correct but his head ain't though.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Still not sure if this is a completely serious post, finding it hard to believe someone's stupid enough to reveal their identities yet do something like this.

dingodog

HSC
Still not sure if this is a completely serious post, finding it hard to believe someone's stupid enough to reveal their identities yet do something like this.
this is a serious post.

dingodog

HSC
Wasn't he one of fissy-cyst's former students?
yes he was and he has an excellent knowledge for the subjects he tutors in. However his attitude and commitment to me as a student was horrible.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Does the tutor have a mental health condition?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Actually found him. His marks are correct but his head ain't though.
Defs

Found his f.b, doesn't look like the kind of guy you'd want your kids around lol.
yeah lmao

yes he was and he has an excellent knowledge for the subjects he tutors in. However his attitude and commitment to me as a student was horrible.
Yeah he probably is good as a tutor but judging from the latter messages he sent you, he doesn't seem like a very nice person :/

Lol does he go uws ctown? I'll hunt him down

dingodog

HSC
Defs

yeah lmao

Yeah he probably is good as a tutor but judging from the latter messages he sent you, he doesn't seem like a very nice person :/

Lol does he go uws ctown? I'll hunt him down
yeah he does psychology but he told me he does med when i asked him in person. I dont know why.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Major red flag if you had to pay money (especially cash) in advance for a private tutor. No one should pay cash until after the lesson unless it is a proper tutoring organisation (in which case you can legally acquire the money back if they behave like this).

I would probably have another crack it one more time and ask for a quick face to face meet up to maturely resolve the issue of getting a refund (I'm assuming you don't want further lessons) before resorting to threats. If the tutor is not willing to cooperate and there is no way you are getting your money back, feel free to mention to the tutor that you will contact the relevant authorities (as mentioned already) but more so say that you will actually post in the tutor's advertisement threads of your situation (which you can easily do - not just in BoS but in other ads elsewhere if possible) to alert others of the issue (only if there is no cooperative resolution).

That way you can at least say you made an effort to resolve the issue in a civil manner and the matter wasn't resolved because of the tutor's behaviour, not yours.

Last edited:

dingodog

HSC
Major red flag if you had to pay money (especially cash) in advance for a private tutor. No one should pay cash until after the lesson unless it is a proper tutoring organisation (in which case you can legally acquire the money back if they behave like this).

I would probably have another crack it one more time and ask for a quick face to face meet up to maturely resolve the issue of getting a refund (I'm assuming you don't want further lessons) before resorting to threats. If the tutor is not willing to cooperate and there is no way you are getting your money back, feel free to mention to the tutor that you will contact the relevant authorities (as mentioned already) but more so say that you will actually post in the tutor's advertisement threads of your situation (which you can easily do - not just in BoS but in other ads elsewhere if possible) to alert others of the issue (only if there is no cooperative resolution).

That way you can at least say you made an effort to resolve the issue in a civil manner and the matter wasn't resolved because of the tutor's behaviour, not yours.
his attitude towards me ever since i wanted a refund is horrible. Anything i say that is "nice" he wouldn't reply.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Get your parents to go after him. I'm amazed anyone, just out of school, can be so daring. If what you say is indeed the case, then he should be outed.

dingodog

HSC
Get your parents to go after him. I'm amazed anyone, just out of school, can be so daring. If what you say is indeed the case, then he should be outed.
his details are in this thread. And yes i am not settling until i get my money back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)