Abbreviations in Exam (1 Viewer)

Chazef

HSC
N/A
Hey I'm doing VCE Legal studies Unit 3/4 this year and I'm owning the S.A.Cs, but I am always struggling for time by the end, and I was wondering how much exam markers accept the usage of abbreviations in exam answers (assuming I state the term first and then abbreviate afterwards). For example I don't want to write out 'commonwealth parliament' all throughout an answer so could I just say it first and then each other time I need to say it, just use 'Cwlth.' or 'C/W' or something? So yeah anyone know how markers respond to abbreviations like this?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I used C'th. As long as it's clear what you're going for.

It's stupid to expect people to write the fully thing out, so just go for any abbreviation. I used C'th, it's what my Legal teacher told me to use so... I used it.

enoilgam

HSC
Hey I'm doing VCE Legal studies Unit 3/4 this year and I'm owning the S.A.Cs, but I am always struggling for time by the end, and I was wondering how much exam markers accept the usage of abbreviations in exam answers (assuming I state the term first and then abbreviate afterwards). For example I don't want to write out 'commonwealth parliament' all throughout an answer so could I just say it first and then each other time I need to say it, just use 'Cwlth.' or 'C/W' or something? So yeah anyone know how markers respond to abbreviations like this?
It should be fine - just write the word out in full when you first use it and put the abbreviation in parenthesis. For example, "The Commonwealth Government (Cwlth) initiated the following laws..."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)