Aboriginal Spirituality (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Modern Hot Chic said:
What are the key features of story telling theology?
In what context?

(with reference to syllabus)
tudents learn about:
∑ the nature of Aboriginal spirituality:
– the Dreaming as being fundamental to Aboriginal cultures and societies
– Aboriginal spirituality and its inextricable connection to the land
– the diversity of expression of Aboriginal belief systems and spirituality today
– the integration of Christianity and Aboriginal belief systems by many Aboriginal people
∑ the differences between Aboriginal beliefs and spirituality and non-Aboriginal religious beliefs and practices:
– the impact of European colonisation on Aboriginal belief systems and society
– the effect of missions and missionary activity on Aboriginal belief systems from the original contact period through to more recent times.
Students learn to:
∑ identify the impact of European colonisation on Aboriginal belief systems and society
∑ recognise historical misconceptions about Aboriginal belief systems.
Students learn about:
∑ the Land Rights movement:
– Aboriginal spirituality and its inextricable connection to the land, eg the Mabo and Wik judgements and other current issues
∑ the ways in which Aboriginal spirituality has influenced some Christian denominations.
Students learn to:
∑ analyse the contribution made by Aboriginal spirituality to the understanding of the nature of religious experience in Australia.

Where are you placing this? ie where in the syllabus as it will help you expand your answer a bit more...

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
In my opinion story telling theology fits in with:

– the diversity of expression of Aboriginal belief systems and spirituality today
– the integration of Christianity and Aboriginal belief systems by many Aboriginal people

Story telling theology embraces traditional cultural teching whilst preserving the link to the Bible and Dreaming, teaching the gospel through song, dance and traditional ceremonies. In a sense it is a non-Western Christian theology.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Modern Hot Chic said:
thank you so much

How does Aboriginal Spirituality contribute to an understanding of the dignity of humanity?
These questions sound really familiar....I think its from the old HSC? (questions based on Living Religion?)

I wouldnt bother with the dignity stuff as its not in the syllabus

BabieBubski

HSC
i neeeeeeeeeed *HEEEEEEELP* with ANY THING & EVERYTHING about Aboriginals and Land and so forth (,") Arrrrgh (",)
Is there any sites or notes that maybe of interest and can help???...... Iz DUE next week and i havent even started ...( aaaaaarggghhh)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
BabieBubski said:
i neeeeeeeeeed *HEEEEEEELP* with ANY THING & EVERYTHING about Aboriginals and Land and so forth (,") Arrrrgh (",)
Is there any sites or notes that maybe of interest and can help???...... Iz DUE next week and i havent even started ...( aaaaaarggghhh)
You have already asked this in http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=49113 !!

Please dont repost requests like this in other peoples threads.
We are not here to do your H/W or assignments for you!

Try google as this is a basic concept of the course that you have also covered in stage 4 and 5 HSIE!
(been wondering who was going to be the first to get the google banner)

This thread is now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)