Votes: 49 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.4%

• Total voters

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i serously couldnt.

kids are quite literally my life thesedays - i'm working with them at least 2 days a week. and when i'm not, i've got my charity which's raising money for kids to go to school. *thinks* i seriously i've ever had a job that wasnt based around kids!
and almost all of my really close mates are younger than me too

i've seen so many kids grow and grow up over the past 19 years, killing a life is too hard to imagine, let alone consider. sure it'd be really hard to go through the whole ordeal of pregnancy and then caring for the kid (espically when i'm so young), but i'd find a way (or ways) to manage.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
Hey abortion is just removingt an extension of yourself
It's like if you have pimples you take medicine to remove them, some people get rid of them with their finger nails.

I wouldn't abort it if it was like a few months old, but at first its just a blob. But if it was unwanted, and I wasn't in a situation to take care of it blah blah blah yes I would abort if I got it in the first month.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
if i did get preggie (which's highly unlikely atm), i'd make sure i was ready - financially, emotionally, physically, etc.
abortions leave you with a lot of trauma, both physically and emotionally. my mum had one when she was younger (like my age-ish), she thought she couldnt cope with a baby, but the termination was bad enough

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
abortions leave you with a lot of trauma, both physically and emotionally.
I wish I could find the link again, but the last big australian study into abortions showed that only a small number (3% I think) of those whom got abortions regretted it and most of those got an abortion because their partner/family wanted them too.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I wish I could find the link again, but the last big australian study into abortions showed that only a small number (3% I think) of those whom got abortions regretted it and most of those got an abortion because their partner/family wanted them too.
and what about the whole 'i cant do it, but i'm also killing a life'? and just the fact that the drugs or whatever they give you to kill it fuck around with your hormones (and therefore emotions)
Musk said:
why not give the baby up for abortion so it has a proper chance of doing something in life unlike todays fucking bums
sorry, but why go through with the pregnancy if you're going to give it up? you for a special bond with the baby over those 9 months - its, quite literally and metaphorically, a part of you

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
and what about the whole 'i cant do it, but i'm also killing a life'?
Most people who get abortions probably don't think that way. But I'm sure it can be very emotional, this is slightly different from regretting your actions.

jpr333

HSC
alby said:
i serously couldnt.

kids are quite literally my life thesedays - i'm working with them at least 2 days a week. and when i'm not, i've got my charity which's raising money for kids to go to school. *thinks* i seriously i've ever had a job that wasnt based around kids!
and almost all of my really close mates are younger than me too

i've seen so many kids grow and grow up over the past 19 years, killing a life is too hard to imagine, let alone consider. sure it'd be really hard to go through the whole ordeal of pregnancy and then caring for the kid (espically when i'm so young), but i'd find a way (or ways) to manage.
Yes but define life, it's such a relative term. Like how many ants did you step on today? Did you mourn them? How many kids die needlessy in 3rd world countries.. why not adopt them instead etc etc.

I'm pro choice btw.

Darkening

HSC
I found in stastics that abortions happen in 1/4 females....

DAMN!!!

I would abort, its not a good time to raise a kid at the age of 18 ...

The problem is the emotional issue and the cost :(

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
It is not killing.

For the first few months it is like clipping your finger nails...it is just random cells.

Is it evil that I got my appendix removed?

And saying that it is a "potential life" is just as ridiculous. If this were the case my right hand and tissue box would be mass murderers. And every woman would be each months when they have their period...or should women be getting pregnant once a month?

Fucking idiots.

It is quite ridiculous to impinge on the liberty of a woman to choose what is going to happen with their body.

HSC
if you're not in a fit state (emotionally, physically, financially) to have a kid, don't fucking have one whether it was an accident or not. you won't just fuck up your own life, that kid's probably set to have a pretty shitty life too and it's not fair.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
katietheskatie said:
if you're not in a fit state (emotionally, physically, financially) to have a kid, don't fucking have one whether it was an accident or not. you won't just fuck up your own life, that kid's probably set to have a pretty shitty life too and it's not fair.
exactly. if someone falls pregnant and doesn't want the child, then they should definitely not have it as it's just setting everyone up for a shit time. how can it be healthy to bring a child into the world who is not really wanted and/or cannot be adequately cared for?

i would have an abortion if i for some strange reason happened to fall pregnant right now. if i had a kid i'd probably neglect it and it would die.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
^ Ditto that

Sure 'it's not fair' to 'kill a potential life', but I think it's more unfair to have a kid when the parent/s aren't prepared finacially or emotionally to care for one.

And in the case of rape I wouldn't even consider keeping it.

Pr0digy

Veritas Lux Mea
HSC
There are so many grey areas to this debate on abortion that I think it's impossible to make such concrete statements or conclusions about it because everyone's situation and life circumstances will be different.

(I'm pro-choice.)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Musk said:
why not give the baby up for abortion so it has a proper chance of doing something in life unlike todays fucking bums
Give the child up for abortion huh?

I'm against abortion, I don't think the world needs more Musks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)