About distance ed (1 Viewer)

rking24

HSC
Hey guys!
I'm doing distance education (pretty much online learning and doing work through mailing) for economics as my school sadly doesn't offer that subject. I often go through difficulties as i don't have a teacher face to face to teach me the concepts that i'm confused about. I'm wondering if i should drop this subject, and do legal studies instead which i dont particularly enjoy:frown2:

Has anyone had experience through distance ed or open high school which they can share? I really dont know if i should stick with this or give up:cry:

1MARIE1

HSC
I did Chem by distance but dropped it because I couldn't cope with the workload and pressure (along with having difficulty teaching myself). I think that having a teacher face-to-face teaching you is better. How about looking through the Legal studies syllabus or looking through a friend's legal studies book. Legal studies is a fairly good subject to understand and the syllabus is straightforward. hope this helps : )

Swaussie

HSC
Ask your teacher that you mail with whether you can have Skype or phone lessons with them. Usually this can be arranged :)
There are also great online sources, if you google the topic. I know for biology there are great crash courses and a site called lets learn science which has tutorial videos, im not sure about economics though.

Don't change the subject if you don't enjoy the one you would do otherwise, keep with economics!

I am currently doing the whole HSC via distance education and can definitely relate, it is not always easy especially as you have no peers to talk to. i am fortunate enough to have weekly Skype lessons for most of my subjects and it does help a lot. Honestly try and arrange a one on one lesson with your teacher, i am sure they can do it :)

rking24

HSC
Thanksss!:)
Legal studies turns out to be just tedious for me, really hate it and im really thinking that i should drop it, thanks for your advice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)