About EAS (1 Viewer)

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
like many people this year, i have applied for the EAS scheme. How do we find out if our application for EAS has been succesful? Will they show it on our certificate, or what? Because as of yet I have not received any reply as to whether my application was succesful or not.
Is this the case for everyone applying for EAS?

myfaceisburning

HSC
i got a letter from usyd today saying that my application for EAS was "successful", but i thought that it applied for more than just usyd?..

fallen__angel

Nocturnal Member
HSC
Uni Grad
well I got a letter from USYD today saying that I've been accepted for the Broadway scheme...you should've also got a letter from UAC confirming that you have applied for EAS ages ago

angmor

HSC
ah but the thing is, ive moved house. so with the letter u guys got today, you are not required to sign anything? it just confirms that you are succesful? because i probably will not be able to retrieve the letter lol

fallen__angel

Nocturnal Member
HSC
Uni Grad
no, no signing or replying required (unless there's something wrong) - its just a confirmation letter. though you should ring up which ever uni you applied for and ask if you were 'successful' with your EAS application.
and of course you must update your details with UAC when you move houses etc.

HSC
myfaceisburning said:
i got a letter from usyd today saying that my application for EAS was "successful", but i thought that it applied for more than just usyd?..
You submit one application to the UAC, and they distribute copies to all the unis, who decide individually who's eligible.

Tim035

HSC
fallen__angel said:
well I got a letter from USYD today saying that I've been accepted for the Broadway scheme...you should've also got a letter from UAC confirming that you have applied for EAS ages ago
Exactly the same here... hmmm 96.5 UAI + broadway scheme=??

Bookie

Banned
HSC
why the fuck havent i got one?

they better still be posting them out.

edit: called up. apparenltly they sent out one bath of letters on friday, and sent out a second bath yesterday. so you guys that got them probably got the friday batch. i will honestly do something really fucking evil to the admissions office if i dont get accepted [even if i dont wanna go to USYD]

Last edited:

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Tim035 said:
Exactly the same here... hmmm 96.5 UAI + broadway scheme=??
eek, I hope they're not applying for the same courses as me, my UAI was totally shocking :(

Yeah I got my USYD letter for acceptence yesterday... its only 5 points allowance though..

Last edited:

dreamcandy

HSC
N/A
i'm overseas though >_<;; no ones home to check for me = (

if i call up I hope they'll tell me? i didnt apply for Usyd.. so yeah =/

even tho my UAI is rlly crap =/

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
USyd sent shit out bcoz they do the broadway scheme, not EAS.

Hopefully eas letter gets here tomorrow **Sigh**
Broadway scheme is the EAS, each university gives the EAS a different name e.g UNSW - ACCESS, MQ - Lighthouse (or Jubilee) etc. Thus the universities all have different proccesses, some do allocation and some do bonus points and they are all to different amounts.

karoooh

HSC
I haven't got mine either! :(:(

Cept I didn't apply to USyd.

Does UNSW send out confirmation letters?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
karoooh said:
I haven't got mine either! :(:(

Cept I didn't apply to USyd.

Does UNSW send out confirmation letters?
They did last year, it has a few leaflets inside and an offer of a scholarship as well - I'm unsure whether they'd be doing that this year though.

soul_VL

HSC
Yeah i applied for access schemes for Uni of Wollongong. Still waiting for my letter
Do we get letters even if we werent succesful?

Did anyone apply for wollongong and heard anything?

cheers, Man do i need those points UAI was way off what i need to get in... :(

angmor

HSC
alrite, so when they are considering you with EAS in mind, they will do it automatically? say your first choice was architecture which required 90, but u got 87. will they automatically consider you for the course?

[R]amen

HSC
Capitalist Scum said:
You submit one application to the UAC, and they distribute copies to all the unis, who decide individually who's eligible.
so, say that our application's accepted in USyd, would that officially gives us 5 extra points for our uai and we'll get a new uai from uac or that would just mean that we're eligible to compete for a seat in any course that's within that range of our original uai+5 extra points? and what to do after we receive the letter?

I'm still very confused and to be honest I haven't read what the letter says cause at the moment I'm overseas but my sister who's in sydney at the moment told me that I've received a letter from USyd in regards to my EAS application.

also, what about other universities that we also applied for? if our application's also succesful in those other universities they would send us letters as well right, so then we'll just choose which one to go by or ... o__O ??? lol i'm so confused... no idea how this EAS thing is working...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
[R]amen said:
so, say that our application's accepted in USyd, would that officially gives us 5 extra points for our uai and we'll get a new uai from uac or that would just mean that we're eligible to compete for a seat in any course that's within that range of our original uai+5 extra points? and what to do after we receive the letter?
Your UAI doesn't actually change in anyway whatsoever, however you need not take any action - you simply put USYD in your preferences or you don't. That is it.

also, what about other universities that we also applied for? if our application's also succesful in those other universities they would send us letters as well right, so then we'll just choose which one to go by or ... o__O ??? lol i'm so confused... no idea how this EAS thing is working...
Some unis will, some won't. To find out which ones do, consult the EAS booklet on UACs website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)