About EAS (1 Viewer)

[R]amen

HSC
karooh said:
I haven't got mine either!

Cept I didn't apply to USyd.

Does UNSW send out confirmation letters?
I called up UNSW just then and they said that the only universities that are sending out letters in regards to EAS this year are UTS, USyd and Macquarie.. so no, I don't think UNSW send out letters.

They said that the only way you'll know if your application is succesful or not is whether you get the offer into the course or not, that is if your original uai is lower than the cut off next year to begin with. Otherwise I'm not sure.

[quote =virus89]what reason did some of you give when applying for EAS?[/quote]

I applied for English as second language cos I've only been in Aus for less than 5 years and 'excessive family responsibility' cause my parents happen to live overseas.

karoooh

HSC
[R]amen said:
I called up UNSW...

They said that the only way you'll know if your application is succesful or not is whether you get the offer into the course or not, that is if your original uai is lower than the cut off next year to begin with. Otherwise I'm not sure.
GAH! :(

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
so ok can someone please clarify....when they offer you places, they will automatically consider you even though ur uai is lower than the cutoff?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
angmor said:
so ok can someone please clarify....when they offer you places, they will automatically consider you even though ur uai is lower than the cutoff?
The cut-off is simply a number representing the lowest ranking person who got into the course for that year. It is not created until after everyone has been considered for that course. So yes they will consider you.

[R]amen

HSC
EDIT:

[R said:
amen]I called up UNSW just then and...
OOPS... sorry my bad... I didn't call up UNSW... I called up UAC

and yeah.. the rest is correct.. sorry people..

HSC
i got the letter from usyd.. pity they don't give extra 5 points for fee paying courses.. are u guys sayingn that the rest of the other unis give 10 extra points?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
uberlovesounds said:
i got the letter from usyd.. pity they don't give extra 5 points for fee paying courses.. are u guys sayingn that the rest of the other unis give 10 extra points?
I know that UTS gives 10 points, shame they don't have the course I want to do. Each uni is differen't, the information's in the EAS booklet.

TamikaD

HSC
So we wont know if we were successful until we get an offer?

gibbz

HSC
errr hay pepz am like i got my uai and all it was nothing like i expected i sucked but im off my course by liek 4.9 uai lol and like im applying for uws and as most of use would know uws doesnt tell u the credit points or send anything to ur mail i was jst thinking if anyof use have brother or sisters or frieds who have used eas scheme for uws and actualy worked plz reply sum1 im in a biggg worry :(

TamikaD

HSC
Gibbz, u could ring the UNI themselves and ask if u were successful, coz UAC would have sent it to every UNI u applied for.

gibbz

HSC
thaks tamika yr i did and all all uws cold say was we cat give info out n how mani points hey said u cn jst w8 4 rounds and see if u got an offer so yer buh i as askin if u noe ne1 whos applied for uws nd got thee points??? if ne1 does plz do tel me becuz they give up to 7 and all i need is 4.9 lol thnx

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Um... I wasn't sure what you were asking exactly, but if they do give up to seven points then of course there are going to be people who got 3 and over in previous years, though I don't know any personally. I guess it will depend on your disadvantage and how severe it was, as well as on the popularity of your course as they sometimes offer places to people just below the cut off.

I know it sucks but just wait it out, best of luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)