PodiatryA

HSC
Okay. Say these are my results:

English : 10.5 / 15 (70%)
Business Studies: 50/60 (84%)
Modern History: 23/30 (77%)
I.P.T: 100/100 (100%)
Senior Science: (95%)

What about i expect to be getting for my ATAR?
Because the SAM Calculator on this site says my ATAR would be 83.15. But it doesn't seem right. The scaling looks really dreadful. The english mark is scaled down to 41%, surely that can't be right...is scaling that BIG of a deal?

Any help in regards to scaling and my 'predicted' ATAR so far, would be great.
Thank you.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I can't answer your question on scaling... scaled to 41% does seem a bit steep though.

But you really can't base our ATAR off these first assessment tasks anyway, so I wouldn't be even bothering with SAM right now.

jet

Banned
HSC
I'm not sure what english you do, but according to UAC, a mark of 75/100 in Advanced english was in the 30th Percentile, so that sort of scaling seems right.

Also, usiing those marks to calculate your ATAR is going to be quite inaccurate, as the UAC uses a raw HSC mark, and depends quite a bit on the external exam performance.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
I'm not sure what english you do, but according to UAC, a mark of 75/100 in Advanced english was in the 30th Percentile, so that sort of scaling seems right.

Also, usiing those marks to calculate your ATAR is going to be quite inaccurate, as the UAC uses a raw HSC mark, and depends quite a bit on the external exam performance.
Does UAc use aligned mark?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
They use your school mark averaged with your raw exam mark.
That's true, but all the online ATAR calculators estimate using the statistics compiled with aligned marks. OP, have you accounted for alignment in making up those numbers, or are you thinking of that in raw marks?

jet

Banned
HSC
That's true, but all the online ATAR calculators estimate using the statistics compiled with aligned marks.
Yeah, I'm just saying that makes it slightly inaccurate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)