about uni preferences.. help (1 Viewer)

layzeehbum

HSC
my uncle confuses me just then

i wanna know how this uni prefernces system works...

lets say my uai is 87 and the uai cut off for b busines is uts is 91

and then my second pref would be b property eco with the cut off of 83

since im picking a business course at this random uni, i would get extra 5 bonus points....
so my uai to that uni will be 92 right?

so here's my question:....

lets say i didnt get the position for the business one since it's full, then theoretically i would get into my 2nd pref right?

but then another person with lower UAI than me, lets say 85, put property eco as his first choice.

so does this mean that the uni will consider that other person more than me since he puts the property eco course as his first pref. or is it a matter of ppl with higher uai get in first (even thou both persons pass the uai cut off for that course) ?

VuongstER_boi

HSC
No, it doesn't matter wat order you put it in. They will still consider ur 2nd preference equally with someone who put that course as ur first preference. Refer to that "UAI" booklet u got, i think it says something about it there. =)

Ali -

HSC
N/A
Since your score is higher, all else being equal, you should receive the offer. The relative preference sequence between candidates will not factor into offers being made.

Hence, place your preferences in the order you find the courses desirable.

Good luck.

piitb

HSC
way it works is.... everyone who got uai of 100 will get their preferences allocated, then the people with 99.95 then 99.90 then so on.....

end of day who ever gets the higher UAI gets first pick, unless they already received an offer....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)