absent fail notification? (1 Viewer)

defying-gravity

HSC
it occurred to me that i may have missed three tutorials for at least one of my subjects. i can't be sure though, it might have been two. if you missed three tutes would you be notified via email? ie, if my tutor or the university hasn't notified me that i've missed too many lessons, does that mean i'm okay? or do they not warn you?

(pardon my ignorance but i'm a first year, and i've heard conflicting stories from others: some say that if the uni hasn't contacted you about it then you're okay, others say they've received absent fails for missing three tutes and weren't made aware of it)

X

xeuyrawp

I'm sure some do, and others don't. You have to ask your tutor.

defying-gravity

HSC
is there a way to appeal absent fails too? i'm doing well in my subjects and have a distinction average in some and high credit average in others, if i get an absent fail because i've missed three lessons (i misread the outline and thought it said you COULD miss up to three lessons) is there any way i can appeal that by demonstrating to them that i have received good marks and applied myself fully??

*hopeful*

HSC
is there a way to appeal absent fails too? i'm doing well in my subjects and have a distinction average in some and high credit average in others, if i get an absent fail because i've missed three lessons (i misread the outline and thought it said you COULD miss up to three lessons) is there any way i can appeal that by demonstrating to them that i have received good marks and applied myself fully??

most tutors give you your final assessment marks in the last tutorial, they may show you your total attendance marks, homework marks etc, did you go to your final tute?
if you presented a medical cert that would be ok
just email your tutor now and find out what the go is

im not sure bout the appeal process, if there even is such a process :s

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
I rarely attend any tutorials or lectures for any of my units unless the attendance marks are above 5% for the unit, and I've never had a problem.

If you're doing well in a unit, it's difficult for the administration to justify failing you for not attending a few classes. You really have nothing to worry about.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Its different for every department.

For me:
Arts and Actuarial are picky with this.
Mathematics / Computers don't care at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)