Abw? (1 Viewer)

Ely

Hey is there anyone that uses this forum that went to ABW last holidays??

bex

HSC
OOOOOOOOO!!!!!! i loved ABW!!! but i didnt go in the hols... although my school had a combined Loreto/Knox team.. i wonder how they did...

how did you go?

Ely

I didn't do the school one, but i went t the state one in the hols at sydney uni.....our team did pretty well, it was such a hectic week, little to no sleep at all (oh the joys of having to stay there!) but i have to say it was the most AWSOME WEEK OF MY LIFE!!!! I had so much fun and the people there were so fantastic!!

Last edited:

sif not 99

australian business week

the state program is held at st andrew's college at sydney university for a week during the holidays and if you win u get to go to the national final, last year it was at a uni in Perth

Ely

Yeh thats it........only this years national one is in melbourne. Our group didn't win so we arn't going :(

bex

HSC
i just found out that my school came second in the australia division! i have no idea what that is but it sounded pretty good!

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by bex
i just found out that my school came second in the australia division! i have no idea what that is but it sounded pretty good!
LOL...you don't know...BUT..."HEY! IT'S ALL GOOD" lol....

Secondary schools have an "Australian Business Week"??!?
lol.

bex

HSC
oh i know wat ABW is i just dont know what the australia division bit is...

ABW is Australian Business Week where in groups you simulate owning your own business... you have to manage production, inventory etc etc share prices... and then design and market a new product.. at the end of the week the businesses are presented to a panel of judges who determine the winner...

at my school we join with Knox over both the loreto and knox campuses

Confuzzled?!

HSC
Originally posted by bex
oh i know wat ABW is i just dont know what the australia division bit is...

ABW is Australian Business Week where in groups you simulate owning your own business... you have to manage production, inventory etc etc share prices... and then design and market a new product.. at the end of the week the businesses are presented to a panel of judges who determine the winner...

at my school we join with Knox over both the loreto and knox campuses
hey...madddd........mad :)

sounds complicated! LOL!

Ely

At the state one in the holidays, we had to run a hotel, design it bla bla bla.....you have to control all expenditure and charges in order to gain the highest occupancy rate and share price.

You also get judged on team work, trade display, ad campaign, oral report, written report etc........

ITS SOOOO FUN!!

Ely

Well that bit sucked, but by the end of the week, you never want to leave the friends that you have made (different if you did it within your school) because they are such amazing people and you don't wanna say goodbye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)