• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Accelerated Beginners Writing section- which task to choose? (1 Viewer)

hennahands

HSC
Hello! My first post~
I plan to do Accelerated Beginners next year (Year 11), and was wondering which of these writing tasks would be best to choose theoretically. I don't really mean 'easiest', but which would be most facilitative to write good sentences displaying things that would sort of tick the boxes (correct use of tenses, grammar, -te form, that sort of thing) and fill up the 250 ji the best.

The three choices in the exam are:

Choose ONE of the following tasks and write a response in approximately 200–250 ji.
1. You are on a school trip to Japan. Your teacher has requested that you keep a journal in Japanese. Write about your impressions of Japan on the first day.

2. You are an exchange student in Japan. Tomorrow you have to address your class about school life in Australia. Write the speech that you will present to the class.

3. You have just returned to Australia after completing a home-stay in Japan. Write a letter to the family in Japan telling them about what you have been doing since your return to Australia.

Thankyou! I'd really appreciate your opinions on this.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
1 or 2

1 is probably better in terms of the range of stuff you could talk about

weird question to ask for others opinions on though... you'll just do whichever one you feel more confident in writing

hennahands

HSC
Ah right, thanks...that's sort of what I was leaning towards =)

wootwt

HSC
Depends always, on which topics stick in your head easily

1 and 3 would test your knowledge of past tense and grammar more. but they're open-ended, you could write about anything... could be good or bad for u.

1 tests your knowledge about adjectives/feelings, good if you're confident in "joining" multiple adjectives in a sentence

2 is all about "Daily routine". . . (no past tense involved)
What time does X start/end, which subjects you study (on which day of the week). Your feelings on your subjects/teachers/class, morning/afternoon routine.

In my opinion #2's easier to memorise. But you should learn past tense/grammar and many verbs well, to be prepared for a "journal/recount" style question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)