• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Accent pranks (3 Viewers)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Some of you may find these ideas absurd and rather pathetic and hence I may get flamed for this but:

Have any of your ever considered/done any accent-related pranks? Let me elaborate with some examples (this only works if you're a fob with a proper English accent):

Example 1: Go to some place where you're required to talk to some consultant.. and just for a little while pretend your engrish is completely crap. E.g

"herro <banker> i looking for cheep morgarge, low innerest rate *fobby thumbs up*"

... and then 20 minutes later (of watching the consultant frustratingly trying to comprehend what the fuck you're trying to say) suddenly switch back to your proper accent, along with the whole Aussie slangness, e.g:

"Yeah mate, that one seems alright. Would the variable interest basis automatically allow me to consequently readjust the value of the outstanding unpaid amount of my other liquidated loans, or would I have to independently lodge an application to activate the service?"

Take note of his stunned facial expressions of baffledness and utter confusion.

Example 2: Assuming you have a job at one of those Information Kiosks at some mall/park etc.

Two people line up for advice: For the first person act like you're a person who's been speaking engrish for only about a year. I.e you suck.

After that person leaves in frustration and anguish, service the second person with a proper accent, emphasising eloquently spoken sentences. Again, watch for his facial expressions of confusion and what-the-fuckness.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
HHAHHAA

i remember last yr, my friend justin and i were planning to go to yum cha, and then order in really really fobby english..... and then when the waiters/waitresses ask if we prefer to speak in chinese, then we'll go, "yeah"

so then when they start talking in chinese, we'll switch to really really ABC chinese... hahahahaha

eg:

me: "harlo.... ermm... duu yuuu haahf fu-lied ly-ssss ar?"
waiter: "yes we do. i'm sorry, would you prefer us to speak in chinese?"
me: "ahhh yes ar... yes pu-lee-su.."
waiter: (in cantonese) "how many servings would you like?"
me: :confused: *talks really slowly in really broken cantonese, ABC accent*

muahahah... still haven't done it yet :(

Collin

HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
HHAHHAA

i remember last yr, my friend justin and i were planning to go to yum cha, and then order in really really fobby english..... and then when the waiters/waitresses ask if we prefer to speak in chinese, then we'll go, "yeah"

so then when they start talking in chinese, we'll switch to really really ABC chinese... hahahahaha

eg:

me: "harlo.... ermm... duu yuuu haahf fu-lied ly-ssss ar?"
waiter: "yes we do. i'm sorry, would you prefer us to speak in chinese?"
me: "ahhh yes ar... yes pu-lee-su.."
waiter: (in cantonese) "how many servings would you like?"
me: :confused: *talks really slowly in really broken cantonese, ABC accent*

muahahah... still haven't done it yet :(
LMAO, just before the waitress comes back to give you the food, both of you hold up newspapers and start talking about politics in complete eloquence....

and just she leaves the table (in complete confusion may I add), change back and go 'ohh, dank you dank you *fobby nods*, so anyway Justin, concerning the sociopolitical ramifications of... '

*Waitress thinks she's insane and goes to consult a psychiatrist*

Collin

HSC
N/A
Okay this is the one I really wanna try out:

Go instigate someone with your crap fakey engrish to say "Go learn some fucking English ya chinky dickhead"

And then release the ABCness. Owned.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
my speech is really bad! *cries*

when chinese ppls come to myer i speak chinglish to them... then i get really tongue-tied coz my brain refuses to process speech in proper chinese or english... so i keep speaking chinglish and end up sounding like an ABC.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LOLZ on chinglish... well least u got a job..

if u see me, u'd realise wut does a real person who knows not how to say proper chinese or english... =(

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I love telling people that "I'm sorry sir, but I don't speak english."

I went to yumcha with some white friends of mine, and I said "Damn Asians", and not thinking that the comment could have come from a Chinaman, everybody around us looked at Them.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
ROFL i do that all the time....

i say "bloody asians" regularly :p
and yeah it's funny when you're walking in chinatown and you say it, adn then the people in front of you look around for the non-asian :D muahhahhaa

Collin

HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
I went to yumcha with some white friends of mine, and I said "Damn Asians", and not thinking that the comment could have come from a Chinaman, everybody around us looked at Them.
LMAO.. gotta try that one.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
but then u have to speak in non azn accent, or else u are easily identified =p

bLu3_gRaSS

HSC
N/A
Usually when a person on the street asks me to listen to them talk about their religion/charity i like to reply "Sorry but english is not my forte"

Also fun to have conversations with people who ring you to do surveys in a fobby accent and see how long they put up with it for!!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i don't think people with poor english would actually say "forte"

HSC
bLu3_gRaSS said:
Also fun to have conversations with people who ring you to do surveys in a fobby accent and see how long they put up with it for!!
hahaha.. that really works! i remember doing that once coz i was so bored in the holiday.. it took them 3 minz b4 they said "o i'll call back later when your parents are home" and u give them the "huh? puhdun purleash?!" hehehe they just go "thank you" and hang up!!!
i remmeber thinkin "how rude" coz they didn't even answer my question..
:cool:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
then they should be in new caledonia.

Eh, i had no witty response.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Jago said:
then they should be in new caledonia.

Eh, i had no witty response.
You could have said touche` being a french word it would have been quite humourous, but no:)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
@ icemelon: huh??? "puhdun purleash"???
as in pardon please??? OMG that's golden =)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
shut up, it was 1am.

je ne parle pas français

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)