Access to justice (1 Viewer)

MCOLT

HSC
with the short answer questions one of em was 3 ways to access to justice
would talking about justice and equity, equality and access be right

muhammad 1

HSC
You could have talked about it but you had to mention 3 ways - that means specific examples. Things like legal aid, the ombudsman and other consumer complaint schemes etc are ways of access to justice.

muhammad 1

HSC
Legal aid provides access to justice for those who are financially lacking. In Dietrich v Queen, the assumed right to legal representation was shown.

powerhouse

HSC
Lol, I have NO idea.

I just wrote:
+ Legal Aid Commission
+ The ability to go to court
+ The ability to report a crime to the police for an investigation

Mellonie

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
Legal aid? That isn't a way of accessing justice.

I put Courts, ICAC and Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

Legal aid is one of the most effecteive means of faining access to legal accessfor those who cant pay high prices courts require!

deeznuts

HSC
i said

legal aid
alternative dispute mechanisms (named them)
watchdogs- ombudsman

kouklitsa

Anti-Mathmite said:
In Dietrich Vs The queen, it was NOT shown. The case law determined that it is not an automatic right, and legal aid is not a means of accessing justice. If it were, then you could say that a lawyer is a means of accessing justice.

They mean a realm where justice can be dispensed; legal aid is not, it only assists poor wankers in their cases. They are looking for a "gavel" entity (those that can dispense justice). They mean your tribunals, courts & commissions. They mean a "power point" - if you "plug-in" to an entity, can it dispense justice to you?

if you "Plug-in" to Legal aid, does IT dispense justice? No.

the keyword in the question though was ACCESS.... legal aid helps those who dont have the means to obtain justice on their own, to have this access

rink

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
The case law determined that it is not an automatic right, and legal aid is not a means of accessing justice. If it were, then you could say that a lawyer is a means of accessing justice.
isn't that statement kinda contradictory in itself?

NRNOFRIENDS

HSC
N/A
this is exactly what i did but im worried it may be wrong. although the key word was justice, and there are specifically defined concepts of justice in the syllabus so im hoping they were alluding to that and not just asking for random general stuff like everyone else seems to have used.

DarkPrince_87

HSC
lol so my answer of judiciary, executive and legislature is wrong? damn it i knew it was too easy...also mentioned legal aid and for some reason centrelink....i should get 1/3 i hope

mel20588

well i put the doctrine of natural justice, rule of law and legal aid as it provides equality and there for access to justice

DarkPrince_87

HSC
i wrote how the legislature creates statutes that are passed by the executive and enforced to individuals by the judiciary........something along those lines, didnt xplain much more coz i came back to it with 2 mins to go and i already have legail aid and centrelink

roadcone

HSC
mel20588 said:
well i put the doctrine of natural justice, rule of law and legal aid as it provides equality and there for access to justice
I put these down also (well not legal aid as such, but natural justice and the rule of law). The thing I would personally say to the people who put down like courts, tribunals etc for their three examples is that they are all the same thing. I put them down simply as one way that justice could be achieved.

=slade=

HSC
i put something like location of courts, knowledge of legal system and legal representation... is this right??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)