ACCG 329 FIN310 Finals wut? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just wondering if past students have any words of wisdom""

Fin310 is composed of
- 25 MC
- a compulsory essay question on Energy commodities which is conveniently Ron's topic
- 2 long answer questions

Am wondering if this was geared to the last half of the sem (stuff after midsem) and what kind of questions past students had received? (if u guys still remember) and if lecture notes sufficed?

329 is composed of
- pain and pwnage

seriously how did you guys study for this? and were questions similar to the tutorial work?

Thanks in advance, any help is really muchly appreciated since these are the subjects I feel most unprepared for

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
For 329, your question is directed at past students, however I'm currently doing it.

I'm hoping its similar to the tute questions. I'm goign through every single tute question as we speak, and reading the textbook on some parts. Nothing else I can think of that will help prepare...how are you approaching this?

HSC
Hey thar,

yep, basically will be redoing every single tutorial question again and again and again.
How are you going?

A question Ive been getting a lot is whether ICAPM is part of the APT stuff hes going to test us on.
Im thinking no, since the class only really stuffed up the APT calculations. Thoughts on this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the future Fin310 students, final exam composed of relatively alright stuff, nothing really indepth.
Questions included:
Long answer:
- What is a crack spread, give an example
- annuities and adverse selection
- Valuation of a call
- The role of the Financial Act

Essay
- Binomial tree with a rf of 0.045, up and down movement of 0.08, Spot of 130, K of 125. Valuing a put.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
crazy_panda_eye said:
Hey thar,

yep, basically will be redoing every single tutorial question again and again and again.
How are you going?

A question Ive been getting a lot is whether ICAPM is part of the APT stuff hes going to test us on.
Im thinking no, since the class only really stuffed up the APT calculations. Thoughts on this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the future Fin310 students, final exam composed of relatively alright stuff, nothing really indepth.
Questions included:
Long answer:
- What is a crack spread, give an example
- annuities and adverse selection
- Valuation of a call
- The role of the Financial Act

Essay
- Binomial tree with a rf of 0.045, up and down movement of 0.08, Spot of 130, K of 125. Valuing a put.
I think the APT question will be similar to the mid-sem, in which I'm assuming most people would have left out. I'm going over that briefly, and concentrating more on the latter half of the course.

Honestly though it doesn't seem hard when I'm going through it all again, compared to when we were doing it in the semester

HSC
really? I find it when i do things again, I honestly cant remember doing it the first place. So now Im in a frenzy panic : )

yehriteo

drop out
HSC
Could you please tell us how the final goes, like what's in it and junk, taht'd be awethome!

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
All I can remember from the final exam for this unit was that there was an interest rate swap question.

It's a difficult unit, one of the most difficult I've ever done.

Much luck with it guys.

Luke.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Luke! said:
All I can remember from the final exam for this unit was that there was an interest rate swap question.

Much luck with it guys.

Luke.
Thanks Luke. I just did interest rate swaps need to go over it again it went over my head, possibly because I was watching Air Crash Investigations at the same time

HSC
Luke! said:

Much luck with it guys.

Luke.
Cheers for that
For kicks, Im guessing finals will be composed of

1) As luke mentioned i.r. swap with Libor
2) put call parity requiring payoff table
3) APT as seen in midsem
4) Binomial tree, no arbitrage and risk neutral valuation was it?
5-9)????
black..scholes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)