ACCG100- Is it really difficult? (1 Viewer)

rayy_bann

HSC
Hi people,

For those who have done ACCG100, is it really that difficult? I know really smart people who have gotten HDs in all their subjects but have failed to get one in Accounting. In saying that, they are the type who actually do study and keep on top with their work. That's the main reason why I'm baffled.

I've even heard some people saying it was like "learning a different language". Which is the total opposite to what I figured it would be. At first I thought it just involved adding and subtracting, and now its on par with a language? Lol I know its all here-say, but I really want to do well. And the fact that really intelligent people who work hard and are trying, can't get a D/HD in it, it makes me feel so pessimistic about my own ability.

And yes, I realise I'm getting ahead of myself here. Its only week one. I have tried to study in the holidays. So far I am understanding the concepts.

Any views? Experiences? Post away!

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
It's a fairly easy subject, but it can be a little confusing to get the jist of it at the start. Debits and credits and journal entries may seem daunting at first, but eventually they will make sense to you. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's like learning a new language, but you need to get into an accounting frame of mind. Everybody who I know (that I can think of) did fairly well in it, myself included.

Biggest tip for this subject. Practice. Don't try and learn the theory by itself, but instead actually do practice questions. Do this and you'll be fine. :)

rayy_bann

HSC
Thanks! Finally, the first positive perspective I have heard of the subject.

On a different note, you do Law109 don't you Azure? Have you started the first task? -.-

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yup. Not yet haha, I only had my tutorial today. I'm planning on making a start on it on the weekend. It should hopefully be okay.

What about you?

rayy_bann

HSC
Yeah i havent started. But basically i know the statute and the sections of the statute to use. Currently finding case law. i havent had my tutorial yet so just waiting for that.

rayy_bann

HSC
And by 'started' i mean writing stuff down. So all that stuff is research and in my head haha

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I haven't even gotten that far yet. :( I'll hopefully begin making a dent into it soon.

Gangstar1

HSC
It's a fairly easy subject, but it can be a little confusing to get the jist of it at the start. Debits and credits and journal entries may seem daunting at first, but eventually they will make sense to you. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's like learning a new language, but you need to get into an accounting frame of mind. Everybody who I know (that I can think of) did fairly well in it, myself included.

Biggest tip for this subject. Practice. Don't try and learn the theory by itself, but instead actually do practice questions. Do this and you'll be fine. :)
this on the spot, accounting just practice a lot people complain how hard it is but they really dont do any work

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Who cares if you can't get a HD in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)