accg253 and accg200...assistance plx (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
hello all

Just preparing for an epic semester which consists of these 2 beastly units.. just wondering if anyone can offer any tips or perhaps evaluate how useful PAL sessions are..

also if anyone can give up any spare notes/resources for the battle ahead...

thank you all.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Both those units are tough. I passed ACCG200 and got a distinction for ACCG253. With both units it's just a matter of putting in the hours and actually doing the tutorial homework. Don't leave it till the end of the semester, especially not ACCG200.

Message me on MSN and I'll send you any notes/resources I have left over from those units. I don't have much for ACCG253 but got a fair bit for ACCG200.

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
ACCG200

Lecture - recommended but not compulsory. If your timetable is shit because of ACCG200 lecture, don't bother go. Theres so much to learn in ACCG200 and 1 hr lecture just isn't enough.

Tutorial - I won't talk about attendance, but work-wise, please DO your tute work consistently. this includes-

• Tutorial Qs
  • Revision Qs
  • Extra Qs
  • Review Qs
  • In-tutorial Qs
Do the hard questions 2-4 times so you get the concept.

Don't leave them till 1-2 weeks before final. you WILL fail.

I have suffered so horribly from ACCG200 last semester. that unit is designed to fail students. I'm doing ACCG201 next semester, hoping that 201 isn't as hard as 200..

EDIT: personally, I found PAL to be better than tutes. maybe I didn't have the best tutor in the world, but during PAL sessions my leader actually went over questions in detail, and my tutor didn't.

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
201 is the easiest subject besides 250 so nothing to worry about there...

Luke, can you hit me up with that 200 stuff?

sja

dingleberry
HSC
ACCG253

1. Read the text-book chapter every week. Read it twice.
2. Do the tutorial work. Revise your answers.
3. Every 3-4 weeks go back and re-write/learn week-by-week chapters. Learn different questions
4. Do all support final exam questions

Basically your final exam will be ridiculously hard and everything you studied for up to it will mean nothing because the "practice final exam questions" will in fact have no relevance there.

Take this advice heavily.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)