ACCG253 final exam (1 Viewer)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Hey guys, just wondering if its true that the final exam for accg253 usually has questions straight from the tute exercises? Becuase the mid-sem was like this and i've heard some people saying that the final will be similar.

Thanks.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Mmm, not sure buddy. Make sure you're good with your NPV calculations and familiar with all the CAPM stuff.

There was one question I remember where you had to do about 10 different NPV calculations for different payments in the question, and value them all to the same point in time, then add them together to get a total.

Damn, it was last semester and it already feels like I did it a lifetime ago. I might browse through the textbook and see if anything else about the final exam comes back to me. I'll let you know if it does.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
So hows everyone going with their accg253 studies? I've gone through most of the tutorial questions and can do the calculations but some of the theory ones are a bit iffy. Did last years paper as well (posted on webCT) seemed pretty doable except for that rights issue question, got nfi there. :confused:

Just a heads up that he's put up some hints on the final exam on the WebCT page aswell as some more tutorial answers.

Good luck all!

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
WTF was that?!? found it very hard, made last years look like a breeze. Even more depressing was the fact that some of my friends said that it was pretty straght forward. Damn actuarial nerds!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
haha did you do that first question in regards to debt and equity ratios?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol i don't think anyone could do that debt and equity question
ermrmm... the first problem one right? i completely left it out
but shit! i forgot about the damn actuarials all doing it this sem! thats making me feel sooo much worse about it.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
dont worry about those damn actuarials...I used to be one...Jake 2.0 is one...and I talked to two actuaries after the exam and they struggled with that same question too :)

I left a few multiple choice out as I didn't want to completely guess...but half a mark penalty isn't that bad so I had a go with a couple of those MC qs.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Supra said:
...Jake 2.0 is one...
shhhh...don't give that away, makes me look even more stupid. But seriously that paper was hard! I was expecting it to be relatively easy (going by last years paper, and the mid-sem). I first thought that they had left some information out for that first problem, wth were you suppose to do with just those 3 number :confused:

Oh well, guess its onto Stat now :(

akiva

HSC
N/A
I found the exam difficult - I honestly didn't even attempt the 1st question!

Did anyone else find that the MC test was composed of trick-questions? Even going through the txt book now I still have no idea about some of them.
Like is there such thing as estimation and forcasting risk??!!?!?!

Cheers everyone!

robbo_145

HSC
some pretty poorly worded questions in there imo.
q1 of the problems is the best example, made no sense really. wasn't too bad as a whole i thought. Now for stat272, woohoo

akiva

HSC
N/A
Robbo, you're right in saying the questions were poorly worded. Some of the MC ones made little to no sense. Not to mention the long answer and short answer!

robbo_145

HSC
akiva said:
Robbo, you're right in saying the questions were poorly worded. Some of the MC ones made little to no sense. Not to mention the long answer and short answer!
ahaha yeah, who has "one or more of the above" as a possible MC answer, seriously.

xmascarol103

HSC
N/A
I"ll be doing Accg 253, 340, 323 next semester, what are the must know well topics ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)