Accommodation guarentee (1 Viewer)

lackylol

HSC
N/A
Heya
So I applied 1 day late for the guarentee for first year undergrads and I have been offered a place at anu. Does anyone know how likely i am to still get accommodation on campus??.

clarg

HSC
Impossible to say. It says on the website that late offers are dealt with in a ballot, ergo it depends on the number of vacancies + the number of late offers.

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
Actually, I applied waaaay after the cut-off for guaranteed accommodation.

I called up the accom. people and I asked them what was the likelihood of getting an offer, and the person said to me that since I applied after 30th November and before january, I am classified as "late guaranteed". He said that it's very likely that I'd get a place (but to still be looking off-campus just in case).

If you're really worried about it, I'd call up on Monday and harass them about it - no joke, it will probably help you out a lot to do so.

apples_are_cute

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh god yes! This my exact problem atm :((

I spoke to a lady who did a Sydney info day and said that it'd be highly unlikely to get the place I wanted.

WHY DO I LEAVE EVERYTHING TO THE LAST MINUTE!?

What colleges are you guys thinking of going to??

harlow6

HSC
Oh god yes! This my exact problem atm :((

I spoke to a lady who did a Sydney info day and said that it'd be highly unlikely to get the place I wanted.

WHY DO I LEAVE EVERYTHING TO THE LAST MINUTE!?

What colleges are you guys thinking of going to??
When did you apply? I applied on December 20th so after the guaranteed date and I still have not heard anything either. I keep ringing but I just get put on hold so I left my name and number so hopefully they'll call soon and tell me what's happening...
I applied to Lena Karmel but supposedly it's at full occupancy, so I have no idea what they will do with me! Maybe another unilodge?
Slightly freaking out here I just want to know so badly haha!

xokki

HSC
Did anyone get accommodation offer or even an email as a late guaranteed applicant? Kinda worried at the moment.

Hitch223

HSC
You're not alone xokki, I applied for Burgmann and I still haven't got an email

harlow6

HSC
Spoke to a lady today about accommodation offers on the phone and she said that they are only filling places with applications made before 30th November right now and once they are done they will try and place other applicants in any places available.
So basically we should all start causally looking at off-campus accommodation if you don't hear anything by next week :(

Thinking we should all get together and rent some apartment hahaha, otherwise no idea how i'll be able to stay in Canberra

sunny96

HSC
I called them up today and they said they'll attempt to finish the guaranteed application offers by this thursday/friday and that after that they'll start offering the non-guaranteed students... and apparently if we don't get an email by halfway through next week we should really find a backup...
T_T i don't wanna get to canberra and have nowhere to live....

xokki

HSC
does anyone know about unigardens... would that be a possible backup? or is anyone going to be share housing if they dont get anu accom?

harlow6

HSC
I applied for the unigardens today and I got an email back saying that they are completely full for semester one accommodation. So no such luck there either

jmini

HSC
N/A
Wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear re accomodation? Tried to call again today but had to leave name and number. Anyone got any current info?

xokki

HSC
yup, called them up, lady said if you don't receive an email by this afternoon or tomorrow, you should look for alternative housing

jmini

HSC
N/A
thanks- i ended up getting through too and same message. Sure hope I get an email!

harlow6

HSC
I'm in exactly the same position too. Left my name and number, even called twice.. But still haven't been called back with any information. Really hope I get an email too.
What are you guys going to do if you don't get an offer? Most places on the allhomes website are $400+ A week for furnished places nearby ANU. Although with share it would be cheaper. Ahhhhhh sucks

tutorhunt

HSC
N/A
That's really weird, I applied on the 5th of janurary for unilodge and got it instantly after my offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)