Accomodation Troubles!! (1 Viewer)

sara.

HSC
Okay, so here is the deal, I was on a waiting list for a 1 bedroom apartment for the Village. And as they had heaps of rooms left, I was only going to apply when i got back from my holiday overseas. But I figured that was leaving it a little late and told them that if a 1 bedroom hadn't come up I would definitely have a room in anything available and would pay whenever etc. So I call to follow it up, as I sent it 2 weeks ago with no reply but a confirmation of it being opened, and as of 1 week ago they are fully booked out.

I live in Dubbo and my family are all overseas so I am moving out of home and 500kms away to university in less than a week, but I have nowhere to stay.

If anyone knows of somewhere I can stay for a couple of weeks till i can try and sort everything out, eg someone with a room to rent for a few weeks, or if anyone is living nearby and after a housemate, please let me know!!! I am very desperate!!!

Thecorey0

HSC
Okay, so here is the deal, I was on a waiting list for a 1 bedroom apartment for the Village. And as they had heaps of rooms left, I was only going to apply when i got back from my holiday overseas. But I figured that was leaving it a little late and told them that if a 1 bedroom hadn't come up I would definitely have a room in anything available and would pay whenever etc. So I call to follow it up, as I sent it 2 weeks ago with no reply but a confirmation of it being opened, and as of 1 week ago they are fully booked out.

I live in Dubbo and my family are all overseas so I am moving out of home and 500kms away to university in less than a week, but I have nowhere to stay.

If anyone knows of somewhere I can stay for a couple of weeks till i can try and sort everything out, eg someone with a room to rent for a few weeks, or if anyone is living nearby and after a housemate, please let me know!!! I am very desperate!!!
Just inside the offices to Basser college, there are a few walls for people looking for/offering private accomodation. Last time I went in there, it seemed like there was a large amount offered. Since you live so far away, I'd reccomend ringing UNSW housing.

rx34

HSC
Yup as the above poster says, go to the accommodation office on high street. There are a few boards/walls where there is private homestay, rooms for rent or apartments for rent. It's something like the trading post.

One handy tip is to take a digital camera, take photos of all the accommodation advertisements you want. That way, you don't have to write down all the phone numbers and the information about the room you wish to rent. There are heaps of advertisements, more than 100, I would say.

Or you could call up catered-residential colleges, ask if they have any vacancies and you would be willing to do an in-person interview. International House is the cheapest ($270+/week??) but first years cannot apply. Try Baxter, Basser and Goldstein. New College is a bit more expensive and Shalom is the most expensive.

I would suggest you go during early Oweek so you can search for accommodation at the accommodation office. Don't worry, take it slow and there are plenty of people who are in the same scenario as you.

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
Did you apply for New College Village or UNSW Village? I live at NCV and I'm pretty sure there are still vacancies... The 1 bedroom may be a bit expensive, but the apartment rooms are reasonable (you have your own personal ensuite as opposed to sharing bathrooms at UNSW village).

Shoot me a PM if you are still stuck, I do have a friend (also from Dubbo) who may have a spare room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)