Account number question (1 Viewer)

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
hey ppl, i dont know if this queation belongs here, but im sure i wouldnt get a serious response in non-school, so ill just ask you ppl.

so i was just wondering, if someone has your bank account number, can they in any way screw u over, like take your money. cause im selling some of my HSC books in the other forum, and alot of ppl want my accout number, and im like not sure wat to do. any help/opinions would be appreciated.

slinky

sunny

meh.
HSC
They would need your bank account number to make the deposit into your account. Without your PIN/PIN card (or Internet banking password) they cannot move money out. Unless of course...they pretend to be you asking for a new PIN/password.

If you are just selling books, it would be much less hassle to meet for a cash payment.

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
ive been meeting for cash payments for some of my other books, but some ppl cant meet up (no time or they live far from me).and thanx sunny for the quick reply

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
slinky said:
ive been meeting for cash payments for some of my other books, but some ppl cant meet up (no time or they live far from me).and thanx sunny for the quick reply
havent u ever bought anytihng of ebay. thats how people pay usually. diposit money in yuor bank account.

fatmuscle

HSC
if u use internet banking, it's separate from your account number.

it's fine to give account numbers out. don't worry about it

BSB / Account number is what someone will need

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
bank account number is just like your name
when people know your name they can contact you but they can't really do anything else

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
SashatheMan said:
havent u ever bought anytihng of ebay. thats how people pay usually. diposit money in yuor bank account.
im generally paranoid when it comes to purchasing stuff of the net (thanx to the current affair type shows, and news about ppl accessing other ppls account details over the net).

but im sorta now getting the feeling, that maybe im just really paranoid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)