Accounting Cadetships 2009 (1 Viewer)

Protein

HSC
Hi Guys, re Big 4 Cadetship & UTS BAcc 2010, I secure offers from EY, PWC & KPMG (don't bother to go to Deloitte final Interview), BAcc will be announce today.

Any suggestion which 1 would be more secure in 4 years time (looking for long term career).

HSC
N/A
Hi Guys, re Big 4 Cadetship & UTS BAcc 2010, I secure offers from EY, PWC & KPMG (don't bother to go to Deloitte final Interview), BAcc will be announce today.

Any suggestion which 1 would be more secure in 4 years time (looking for long term career).
thats phenomenal :eek:

for job security i think no doubt take a cadetship with big 4, because you have to work for them after your degree for a set period of time
but bacc is more flexible, by the end you would have a better idea of the firms which you want to work for and make a better decision rather than find ur stuck with a firm u dont like for 6 yrs

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
thats phenomenal :eek:

for job security i think no doubt take a cadetship with big 4, because you have to work for them after your degree for a set period of time
but bacc is more flexible, by the end you would have a better idea of the firms which you want to work for and make a better decision rather than find ur stuck with a firm u dont like for 6 yrs
lol ye that's crazy :spzz:

pearling

HSC
N/A
WOAH That's too awesome congrats protein. One question: ru in Sydney? Did you have ur KPMG interview recently coz I have mine on monday... but if they're already accepting ppl on a rolling basis it seems pretty hard to get in if you get interviewed later...? How was the KPMG interview, was it one with a manager and one with a partner? There was no group work activity yeah?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bloody hell. I just contacted the KPMG and they said that I didn't do the assessment test -.-

omggg

Protein

HSC
Congratulations! Well done!

Go for EY! They have a friendlier work environment :)
Thanks !!! EY contract package didn't come with IPOD this year, while PWC come with a back-pack and your custom made computer print out name card.

Am leaning to Cadetship as no matter what you still need the basic business skills to enhance your knowledge portfolios.

Now the dilemma is which one is suitable. Am in Sydney and I heard that KPMG & EY laid down more employees than PWC during the last 10 months. This means will be less competitive @ EY or KPMG, right? Promotion will be quicker .... your comments is much appreciated. I have till end of next week to decide.

Just sent an email to decline the BAcc.:wave:

Protein

HSC
Wow! What a package! They sure make it look enticing! But now, would you really need a computer print out name card :p

I'm particularly biased towards EY so don't ask me if you're deciding :) Although, essentially what you should do is find out which one is more convenient for you, will suit your work style more and will accelerate you into your career faster (if that's what you want)
You are right Doctor Jolly.

Am leaning to EY & PWC

EY is 2 Years Work & 2 Years Study
PWC 1 Year Study, 2 Years Work & 1 Year Study

which program is more positive?

lsdpoon1337

HSC
I still haven't got a call from EY, does that mean I got rejected/ put on reserve list or is there a slight chance they don't call everyone for offers in the same day?

Thanks, getting worried

cassieagill

HSC
I still haven't got a call from EY, does that mean I got rejected/ put on reserve list or is there a slight chance they don't call everyone for offers in the same day?

Thanks, getting worried
i got accepted to EY in victoria, when i talked to the assurance people (i was tax) they all got calls on the day of the interview, but with the tax people we all got calls at different times over the next three days...so it just depends, don't lose hope!

lsdpoon1337

HSC
^, thanks for the info,

did they have a reserve list seeing as some people might reject the offer?

cassieagill

HSC
they didn't tell me, but i'd assume they would, but all rejected applicants got their letters within a week of the interviews, so regardless if there was one or not they were informed of the rejection...i had like 2 weeks to accept the offer so i spose they would think it would be cruel to not reject people for 2 weeks...i'd say if someone did reject the offer they may call a previously rejected applicant but im not sure...if that makes sense to you :S

Protein

HSC
Hmm.. Is EY's program 2 years full time work and 2 years full time study, while PwC is 1 full time study, 2 years full time work then one year full time study? If so, I'd definitely go for PwC because you can firstly have a taste of what uni life is like while working part time then ease into the work when you've already learnt the basics to accounting, then go for another hard core final year of study.
It make sense ..... just not sure whether after working full time, going back to final study year would have the same drive as the 1st year though.

Another thing that I might explore is to finish up the degree in 3.5 years, as now most of them give 1 day off (7.5 hours) during full time work. Do you guys have any experience or advise how to do the 1st year full time study (how many subject maximum can take & which uni? UNSW or UTS) might do some extra subject during holiday (is it available like the summer course in US?)

Then speed up the part time course when full time work.

Any comments?

Protein

HSC
^, thanks for the info,

did they have a reserve list seeing as some people might reject the offer?

It depends on how many they offer, the first day they might interview 12 and prepare take 4, however they confirm top 2 or 3 then leave the final 1 or 2 for the 2nd session or 3rd session of interview, if the sessions still not finalise, then you have every chance to be successful.

If you are top 1 & 2 in your session they normally call you immediately after the interview. However top 1 & 2 might have offer from other 2 or 3's then, the chance for the top 3, 4, even 5 have the chance.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
My HR was saying 4 subjects for a full time study.

2 if you're part time.

This is for UNSW btw.

HEY What would be the best uni for a cadet? UTS or UNSW? :confused:
People say that UTS is definitely the best in terms of location and other reasons I think. PM seremify. He said something about this ages ago....he actually said that he would have liked to go to UTS over UNSW

Protein

HSC
Ah, thanks for that namu :D Will do.
UNSW might be a bit higher profile due to the higher ATAR cut off rate. For me my parents finished post grad from there. Might stick with it, but UTS is much convenience for me, work & home. UNSW will be extra 1.5 hours / day. Feasible when doing FT study, not when PT, especially in a cold winter nights....:snowman:
I might aim a bit higher by doing comm law and drop the cadetship. Then do some vacation work to gain work experience. Any comments?

Mkj

HSC
congrats protein =)

wat service line did u go for assurance or tax for pwc.. i hav my interview with pwc on monday....am shit scared =s

Borbor

HSC
I might aim a bit higher by doing comm law and drop the cadetship. Then do some vacation work to gain work experience. Any comments?
Isn't that sort of contradicting all the things you said about experience and cadetships? :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)