Accounting Cadetships 2009 (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Ah, so when's the latest you can let them know?
Very soon I think. I am just worried that they might just reject me or something if I let them know so I need to think. My friend is in the same situation with PwC. He is not sure if he really wants to do that or UTS or Co-op.

pearling

HSC
N/A
OMGOSH guys I got an offer for kpmg cadetship today :) I think I was on their waiting list so very lucky! I was so shocked since I've mulled over it and pretty much forgotten about it lol!! And yesh I want to neogitate with coop too since I'm again on waiting list for UTS coop but that has 75% of acceptance!

Anyway moral of the story: NEVER give up hope even if it was 1 in a million haha :)

lsdpoon1337

HSC
^ Great to hear Pearling, I know how it feels.

The pain, the pain. Now its over!

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
OMGOSH guys I got an offer for kpmg cadetship today :) I think I was on their waiting list so very lucky! I was so shocked since I've mulled over it and pretty much forgotten about it lol!! And yesh I want to neogitate with coop too since I'm again on waiting list for UTS coop but that has 75% of acceptance!

Anyway moral of the story: NEVER give up hope even if it was 1 in a million haha :)
what division?? audit or mma??? if its audit ud be working with me...

pearling

HSC
N/A
I'm audit so hopefully we'd be great work buddies hehe. Have you definitely accepted - do you know if they allow you to back out later? What uni are you considering?? And gosh cant wait for my contract and freebies to arrive - i heard you get a business card with your name on it? and thanks lsdpoon ;)

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
I'm audit so hopefully we'd be great work buddies hehe. Have you definitely accepted - do you know if they allow you to back out later? What uni are you considering?? And gosh cant wait for my contract and freebies to arrive - i heard you get a business card with your name on it? and thanks lsdpoon ;)

ahh yeahh i have.. and today i got the letter saying "we have received your contrat ur starting date will be blah blah.. and we wish you best of luck for ur hsc etc and look forward to joining us etc etcetc....

umm the contract says that either party can back down with 4 weeks notice or less if both parties agree to it :) so yeah u can back down later....
and freebies - parker pen, leather folder, business card with name, and yeah :)

leoyh

mic`
HSC
Why can't you guys just accept your traineeship, wait and see if you get into co-op, and then weigh up your options then? If you don't get the coop and you end up deciding you don't want to take up the traineeship, just don't. You don't need to negotiate anything :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^um no. That's not recommended because I heard from the company that it will be really awkward if you accept traineeship and apply for co-op and get into interview stage where you meet the industry sponsor from pwc and shit. How would you explain that? lol

what are u gonna do man?

can u even attend ubs interview? isn't that in september and stuff?

I only got into ey and pwc, didn't do the exam for kpmg somehow (i don't know what happened to my exam) and rejected deloitte.

I rejected ey and pwc still remains. Me and my friends are discussing what to do - but he wants to do accounting and I am not too sure what I want to do.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Haha ive accepted KPMG, and most probably going to go to the UBS interview to see if i can get in. if i do then ill look at both salaries since i have an equal interest in both fields... and also consider that kpmg would offer MUCH better job security... so then il make a decision on the pay. if its anything like what alister wilkinson says it is .. then i might have to reconsider lol.

oh nice. i got rejected before even online test for EY put in my app.. couple of days later . the rejection came lol.
whens the PWC acceptance date? i rejected deloite after the group interview it was SOO SHODDY their office its not funny :haha:
i would say accept pwcc for now.. then if u get unsw coop like ur aiming for. then tell pwc ur no loonger joinin then coz the contracts havve clauses that either party can pull out with __ weeks notice. etc
I don't know. Someone i know told me NOT to accept it yet. Because if I do get into Co-op interview stage and meet the rep from PwC, I am basically screwed. Even the UTS Bachelor of Acct page says that you should notify the company about your co-op if you want to go for co-op. But the thing is...the co-op that I am applying for is for Actuarial, Marketing and Finance AND Accounting (in that order)....so I am not even sure what I should say about that.

HSC
I only got into ey and pwc, didn't do the exam for kpmg somehow (i don't know what happened to my exam) and rejected deloitte.

I rejected ey and pwc still remains. Me and my friends are discussing what to do - but he wants to do accounting and I am not too sure what I want to do.
You rejected an offer from EY? Which recruitment day did you go to :)

HSC
hi
are there any other firms other than the ones listed on charteredaccountants.com.au that offer accounting cadetships etc?

pearling

HSC
N/A
^I seriously doubt it because even firms offering <5 cadet positions are listed on there. I think I read there were 2-3 that close app in Aug/Sept if you're thinking of applying.

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
oh yu never know! i asked at my local accoutning firm and they said theyd be willing to take me on, but i kinda dont want that now hehe

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i'm going to the KPMG one tomorrow.
someone give me last minute motivation/advice? =]

PS DUNCAN DOVICO OFFERS. if you got one reject it. cos i'm next in line lololol. i'm so subtle

Last edited:

cassieagill

HSC
i'm going to the KPMG one tomorrow.
someone give me last minute motivation/advice? =]

PS DUNCAN DOVICO OFFERS. if you got one reject it. cos i'm next in line lololol. i'm so subtle
advice: go to bed now

then get up early and make yourself look sharp!

and make sure you have practiced motivational and behavioral based interview questions

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
bed idea is good.

any ideas which require comparative levels of effort to that? =]=]

ayehann

Procrastinator
HSC
be yourself, practice behavioural questions and dont be nervous!

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
it went pretty well. they've hired about 26 and they've opened another 3 spots specific to audit which they are hoping to fill within the week.

the assessment day today was only with me and one other person! i assume we're going for one spot. hopefully i get it! lol

pearling

HSC
N/A
Good job gibbo, just wondering ru in syd or melbourne coz if you're sydney I might see you around next yr? Woah an assessment day with 2 ppl, that'd be a bit aawkward lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)