Accounting electives (1 Viewer)

pencilcase

HSC
Hi

Could someone please provide some guidance with respect to choosing one of the below accounting electives?

The choices available are:

ACCT3583 Management Accounting 2 (6 UOC)
ACCT3585 E-Business: Strategy & Process (6 UOC)
ACCT3610 Business Analysis & Valuation (6 UOC)
FINS3626 Int'l Corporate Governance (6 UOC)

Thanks
Pencilcase

asi9

HSC
What do you want to get out of the elective? If you're indifferent to the content and purely want the highest mark, then take either ACCT3583 or FINS3626. If you want to take a course that's somewhat linked to corp. finance and probably a bit more applicable than the others, take ACCT3610. I don't think a lot of people choose ACCT3585.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi

Could someone please provide some guidance with respect to choosing one of the below accounting electives?

The choices available are:

ACCT3583 Management Accounting 2 (6 UOC)
ACCT3585 E-Business: Strategy & Process (6 UOC)
ACCT3610 Business Analysis & Valuation (6 UOC)
FINS3626 Int'l Corporate Governance (6 UOC)

Thanks
Pencilcase
Out of that list I did ACCT3585 and FINS3626.

ACCT3585 E-Business Strategy & Process - really easy subject but at least when I did it in 2009, the content felt like it was recycled from a decade ago where we had to do case studies on Amazon, IBM, Dell, etc and how they revolutionised the e-business world. The course wasn't too hard from memory and the key thing was doing group work/making an interesting presentation to teach the class the content.

FINS3626 International Corporate Governance - another relatively easy subject but it involved some pretty fluffy concepts so you need to be ready for this. Despite feeling pointless at the time, I actually used some of my learnings from here as I ended up doing consulting work on governance frameworks in large organisations. You learn a way of thinking/analysing conflicts of interest and how organisations manage these - and some of the frameworks you learn about are actually consistent with what you might need to know in some professions (or at least when you do the CA program). There is both an accounting and finance component (it's pretty clear which is which because the lecturer changes from someone in finance to someone in accounting).

In all honesty I enjoyed both the subjects above. Neither was too onerous on me as I was working full time and I thought the content was reasonable.

I can only speculate on the other two electives you've mentioned but as far as I can recall, noone ever said 3583 or 3610 were easy subjects.

asi9

HSC
I would consider ACCT3583 an easy subject (I did better in it than Management Accounting 1 lol).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I would consider ACCT3583 an easy subject (I did better in it than Management Accounting 1 lol).
Lol I heard it was challenging for some. Either way a lot of this stuff gets re taught again in professional qualifications so the op won't miss out on much if they skip it at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)