accounting/finance salaries (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Sweet, I'll be on close to $100K in about 6 years (if all goes well at EY)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
yeah i saw this too.

has anyone come across respective figures from ICCA?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Interesting articles, this isn't CA or CPA exclusive, but it's a decent guide. It seems reasonably accurate if you are Australian (I'd compare with my sister but she's receiving a London wage now that she's on secondment).

I've attached the BRW accounting survey comparing salaries based on rank/experience between different positions (audit, tax, consultancy) for Big4 firms, Second-tier, Small practices, and Accounting/Finance positions in companies on the ASX200, companies with t/o of $100-$500m and companies with t/o of $20-$100m.

Interesting to look at are the salaries/incentives for (full) Partners in Big4 with base salary starting around $550k (to $650k) and incentives ranging from $500k to $900k. That could be interpretted as the minimum (total) package being at least $1m! Me? I'd be happy with the Staff Partner salary^^

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
when it says "associate", is it talking after you are a qualified CA/CPA or graduate with 1+ yrs experience?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
seremify007 said:
Interesting articles, this isn't CA or CPA exclusive, but it's a decent guide. It seems reasonably accurate if you are Australian (I'd compare with my sister but she's receiving a London wage now that she's on secondment).

I've attached the BRW accounting survey comparing salaries based on rank/experience between different positions (audit, tax, consultancy) for Big4 firms, Second-tier, Small practices, and Accounting/Finance positions in companies on the ASX200, companies with t/o of $100-$500m and companies with t/o of $20-$100m.

Interesting to look at are the salaries/incentives for (full) Partners in Big4 with base salary starting around $550k (to $650k) and incentives ranging from $500k to $900k. That could be interpretted as the minimum (total) package being at least $1m! Me? I'd be happy with the Staff Partner salary^^
thanks for that.

Capitalist

HSC
Yes, you have to pay income taxes as lawyers (obviously).

What I was noting was the fact that those salaries aren't as glamourous when you factor in Australia's huge income taxes.

But they're still very good nonetheless.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I'm thinking working in the UK would be better, they have less taxes and pay you in pounds!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)