Accounting Information For Managers (1 Viewer)

boris2003

HSC
How did you find your first day to be like. To me, that was about everything, but accounting. How did you find the lecturer, i was surprised that she wasn't that boring.
Thing that annyoed me is, one second you see slide 1, the other second you see slide 16:rofl:

The only thing that freaked me out was when she said:
"This is considered a difficult unit. It has a 50% failure rate".

LKY

HSC
N/A
How did you find your first day to be like. To me, that was about everything, but accounting. How did you find the lecturer, i was surprised that she wasn't that boring.
Thing that annyoed me is, one second you see slide 1, the other second you see slide 16:rofl:

Don't freaked me out, I am going to enrol this:eek:

h3da

HSC
This study guide? Accounting : Business Reporting For Decision Making: Study Guide - Birt|The Co-op Online Bookshop What is the conten?

I got this 2008 Learning Guide for this subject from google search: http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkz...or_Managers_-_Detailed_Learning_Guide_v.2.pdf :spzz:

but the subscribed textbook is different
it summaries the chapters for you with revision questions etc... and besides most of the exam questions are identical to your tutorial homework other than different figures..

VU-Nit

HSC
lol wtf u guys brought back a 2 yr old thread o.o

This study guide? Accounting : Business Reporting For Decision Making: Study Guide - Birt|The Co-op Online Bookshop What is the conten?

I got this 2008 Learning Guide for this subject from google search: http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkz...or_Managers_-_Detailed_Learning_Guide_v.2.pdf :spzz:

but the subscribed textbook is different
if you buy the study guide honestly you wont even need to turn up to lectures. this book has everything you need.

the study guide contains each topic summarised ( one paragraph for each topic in the chapter) complete with formulae as well as multiple choice, theory and practical questions(all with solutions)

this is the only text book ive ever bought for uni and for the price of 20 something bucks, its a great bargain.

manavji

HSC
N/A
Accounting Information for Managers is the MOST basic level of accounting you will ever do at university level.

Its easy to score good marks in this unit. I didnt try my best and got a Distinction for it last year, so its more than possible to get a HD in that.

However, that being said, yes.. for some reason it has a high failure rate.. i think its because UWS has a lot of bludgers in it who arent serious about their studies at all.. so if u put in even a decent effort you can easily score good marks in AIFM.

Cheers.

LKY

HSC
N/A
Accounting Information for Managers is the MOST basic level of accounting you will ever do at university level.

Its easy to score good marks in this unit. I didnt try my best and got a Distinction for it last year, so its more than possible to get a HD in that.

However, that being said, yes.. for some reason it has a high failure rate.. i think its because UWS has a lot of bludgers in it who arent serious about their studies at all.. so if u put in even a decent effort you can easily score good marks in AIFM.

Cheers.
I agree with you, I think this subject is not that hard even though many students failed :read:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Lol. I didn't try, didn't show up to lectures at all, and got a distinction.
The major assignment is group work and thus easy. 20% of your final grade is homework and tutorial quizzes. The exam is fine as long as you know how to apply the formulas :)

dude01

HSC
If you hate numbers though, you will find this subject difficult to understand. I found it pretty hard (also boring which meant I never attended lectures) and just passed, yet I got D's and HD's for my other first semester subjects. But as long as you keep up with the tutorial work you should be fine.

When I did it (years ago, they may have made the subject easier) they put up a graph of the final mark distributions and around 40% of people failed which is pretty high.

magnacartacl

HSC
This morning I've received a e-mail by the joint unit coordinator saying it is required to purchase a copy of the BirtJ (et al) 2008, Accounting: Business Reporting for Decision Making, 2ndedition, John Wiley & Sons and also required for the first lecture :mad1:

Do I really need it? like would we be doing homework from it or something?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
This morning I've received a e-mail by the joint unit coordinator saying it is required to purchase a copy of the BirtJ (et al) 2008, Accounting: Business Reporting for Decision Making, 2ndedition, John Wiley & Sons and also required for the first lecture :mad1:

Do I really need it? like would we be doing homework from it or something?
Yes. 10% of your final mark is weekly homework based on the textbook.
Also all the mid semester (and final) exam questions, as well as sporadic tute quizzes (also worth 10% combined) are based on the textbook questions.
In short, you really do need it.

Sam990

HSC
im having trouble finding the study giude for this unit? i search connect book but cant seem to find it
besides from the coop bookstore

Last edited:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
You shouldn't be using co-op... It's near impossible to find the books that you actually need, and when you do find them they're usually the wrong edition. In short, co-op sucks for UWS students.

Connect Books: Accounting Business Reporting for Decision Making Study Guid, ISBN 9780470812532 is the correct study guide for Accounting Information for Managers. It's not entirely necessary but may make you feel more comfortable for quizzes/exams :) (I bought this book for the subject and never ever used it)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I checked the author of my copy of the book and searched by "Author" under the "Book Search" tab.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)