Accounting Major (1 Viewer)

Hanzo

HSC
is the accounting major enough to gain employment as an accountant?
or do you need to go full hardcore on accounting
and also have 2 submajors or electives in the area of accounting as well?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
oh my god i want this EXACT question i want answered too.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Don't underestimate a major. The major is 8 subjects, along with the 2 core Accounting subjects, makes at least 10 accounting related subjects, so it is fairly full on. Sure you can do an extra accounting sub-major (if you're just doing the single degree), but this could be a waste of time as you really can't learn all that much more without experience. The accounting major will teach you the stuff you need to work in a professional accounting firm. Remember, there is the CPA or CA programs which go in more depth and is basically like a Masters degree, so I wouldn't waste my time with an extra accounting sub-major.

Most people who do accounting at uni go into auditing (like Big4 companies), but obviously you can go into any area of professional accounting.

So-net

HSC
回覆: Accounting Major

Hanzo said:
is the accounting major enough to gain employment as an accountant?
or do you need to go full hardcore on accounting
and also have 2 submajors or electives in the area of accounting as well?
Generally speaking work as an accountant what you need is an accounting major.....if you wish to approach to more professional you can take the CA or CPA program ......
for sub-majors (minors) or electives I guess it would act like as a supportive .....

fillstar

HSC
I think doing accounting as a sub-major is a waste because you will hit a brick wall if you want to move up to being chartered. That is of course if you are comtemplating a career in accounting. The full major is approved by both CA/CPA so it is the ideal major to take for versatility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)