Accounting or Architecture? (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
Yeah it depends, some people find it easy, most people find it hard.

Nevertheless, people eventually pass it, just like everything else.

Accounting is harder to do well in though, you rarely see people get top marks in the subject because there is so much to learn and so much ambiguity.

Another problem is if you want to do Accounting, you have to do courses in heaps of other stuff as well because Accountants are required to have understanding in Economics, Finance, IT, Marketing, Management, Corporate Law, Tax Law etc.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
it depends on whether you like it or not because if you are normal, you'll find it tedious and therefore quite difficult to study because its just so boring.

turtleface

HSC
ioniser said:
your only thinking in australia( its not a couple of "ceo s" are headed by former engineers but pretty much all in mining ,most mining companies only take ceo's who would have started off as mining,mechanical,electrical engineers in the mining sector or either have a mining background),but in general on a global stage most ceo 's are from an engineering background in the top 100
BHP Billiton, A dual Australian and UK listed company and also the biggest Mining Company in the world, by market capitalisation and operations.

Board:
Accountants: 4 (including Chairman)
Engineers: 5
Lawyers: 1
Other: 5

Executives:
Accountants: 3 (including CEO)
Engineers: 6
Lawyers: 2
Other: 0

Engineers dominate the management/operations side, which is expected since its a mining company. Accountants dominate the financial/corporate law/governance side which is expected too. For the purposes of the above numbers, I've only included qualified Accountants in the figures, rather than just chucking in everyone who's done a BCom or BEc or MBA and counting them cause they've done Accounting too. In which case pretty much everyone would be an "Accountant"

My conclusion is I've wasted my time proving nothing. Other than the fact that Accountants are always in positions of power and aren't all lowly minions.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
turtleface said:
until you have worked as an auditor, liquidator, management accountant, chief financial officer, financial accountant, forensic accountant, systems accountant, treasury accountant, financial analyst and so on....you have no right to say accounting is as boring as hell in the workplace
No more accounting propaganda please.

I know you reckon accountants are so important and accounting is so rewarding compared to other crappy professions like architecture or law, but I'm afraid the rest of the world is not in agreement with you.

turtleface

HSC
_dhj_ said:
No more accounting propaganda please.
damn! busted!

architecture and law aren't crappy...they're ok...hence why i do one of them as well...how come you do law if its crappy to you?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
im doing B Business (Accounting) and i love it. well, most aspects of it. i just fucken hate business law. thank god its nearly over. worst unit ever. but the accounting subjects are awesome. they interest me and i do heaps well in them.

plus, the men are always sexier in accounting. :)

cyko

HSC
oi dan_viper88

what happens to be your name?
might've bumped into ya sometime throughout the semester, lol

i'm in the middle of my history essay, but was looking through the forum and came across one mentioning you transferring..

i share the same idea. .. arch is too artsy ..

jpr333

HSC
turtleface said:
My conclusion is I've wasted my time proving nothing. Other than the fact that Accountants are always in positions of power and aren't all lowly minions.
lol

dan_viper88

HSC
cyko said:
oi dan_viper88

what happens to be your name?
might've bumped into ya sometime throughout the semester, lol

i'm in the middle of my history essay, but was looking through the forum and came across one mentioning you transferring..

i share the same idea. .. arch is too artsy ..
Hey, My name is Daniel. Yeah likewise- its far too artsy 4 me, im considering transfering, What about you? Whats ur name? maybe ive also come across ya at uni?

I also was doing that essay till late last night aswell, but luckily ive finally finished it. Now ive got to finish wednesday's model and poster.

daman

HSC
cyko said:
arch is too artsy ..
fo real

can you build on that a bit... hippies, far out ideas, no practicality? that kind of stuff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)