Accounting (1 Viewer)

Sambam429

HSC
Hi! I am hoping to secure an Accounting Cadetship at the end of 2019 and was wondering which way you think will be better:

A) Go to uni full time, get really involved in clubs, do volunteer work - this would mean quitting my current job as they wouldn't work together. Would look for casual work but is hard to come by where I live so may take a little while. This may look bad to future employers?

B) Stay at my current job. Study Part time online (I find online way harder but will try my best).

So my question is would my marks or employment look better on resume?

Lopo

HSC
I'm guessing your work currently isn't related to accounting. If you've already got solid work experience under your belt (could just be 1 year at a fast food joint) then I'd recommend going uni full time and get involved with volunteering.

I think employment would trump marks any day for an accounting cadetship but you already have that so look to diversify your resume/experiences through uni.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi! I am hoping to secure an Accounting Cadetship at the end of 2019 and was wondering which way you think will be better:

A) Go to uni full time, get really involved in clubs, do volunteer work - this would mean quitting my current job as they wouldn't work together. Would look for casual work but is hard to come by where I live so may take a little while. This may look bad to future employers?

B) Stay at my current job. Study Part time online (I find online way harder but will try my best).

So my question is would my marks or employment look better on resume?
HSC 2014? Where are you up to in your university progression as I'm not sure if cadetship is the right choice, or if you should be aiming for internships/graduate roles.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)