• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ACCT 1001 Mid-Semester Results (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
For those of you who aren't aware, the results will be released at 5pm today. Let's hope the blackboard server can handle 1000 students logging in at once.

Post your results here, as I assume there would be at least 690 students doing accounting on this board.

I predict I'll get 68.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lolz :( their server crashed. "Please refrain from accessing blackboard until 12pm tomorrow"

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I'm waiting too, stazi.

You wouldn't mind me asking where you get '690' from, would you?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i got it from the doctrine of comedic overexaggeration. i fail at impatience, every 15 mins i check :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
by the way, how can the server have crashed, if it was loading fine for everyone? also, surely everything is working now and they could upload it. it makes less sense than waiting until the morning when everyone will start checking again.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah :( im always like that cum results time. this result makes me extra eager because I expected it to be released today, yet my expectations weren't satisfied. I really want to know how I went in this, too, as I screwed up a few large questions, even though I knew the material quite well. Plus I'm in a sort of competition with this guy in my class and I'm seeing him tomorrow, so hopefully I can pwn him hardcore

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh wellz. looks like itll be up tomorrow afternoon when i wake up. i hate life. life hates me.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha man im sure youll be fine
chillax :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nah im sure ill be fine too, i just want to know my mark. im mentally prepared for anything credit and above, but I just want to know how much higher than 65 I got.

The average mark was 60.

latvia

HSC
N/A
how good does it feel..
to be so prepared.
you can be so confident that you won't fail.
so much.. that you yearn for the results so bad..

I'm screwed! :'(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i was mega prepared...
yet i still screwed up.
sometime you don't think.
then you go quite bad...

latvia

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
i was mega prepared...
yet i still screwed up.
sometime you don't think.
then you go quite bad...

being too prepared can make you very nervous too...cuz u try so hard not to screw up..and you can think too much..seeing everything as a 'trick question' and write the wrong thing when you know it almost comprehensively

well the mid-sem is supposedly hard (last time I did it I almost failed)
average was like 55 or so, i don't quite remember

stazi

Nightman
HSC
average last year was 48 or so, apparently.

this semester the average was supposed to be 60, according to Abdul. However, according to BB right now, it's 46.9.

I got 54.5

wtf??? I really hope that's a mistake. The marks all seem wierd as well. I got 6/12 for a ratio question, when I know that I analysed it exactly like the textbook wanted us to, and even applied real life examples

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I fucking love this:

abdul said:
Less than 50 marks- You need to practice more questions and polish up on the first 5 weeks' of material again. You have not understood some fundamental concepts and the staff members hope to see you in consultations over the next few weeks.

Between 50 marks and 65 marks: You need to practice more questions and polish up on the first 5 weeks' of material again. Whilst you have understood some fundamental concepts, you may be confused with some key concepts in Accounting 1A. The staff members hope to see you in consultations over the next few weeks.

Between 65 marks and 85marks: You need to practice more questions to aim for a higher mark. You have a good grounding on most fundamental and key concepts in Accounting 1A. Please approach staff members during consultation if a need arises.

Between 85 marks and 100marks: Well Done! You have a very good to excellent grounding on most fundamental and key concepts in Accounting 1A. Please approach staff members during consultation if a need arises. [/abdul]

k, guy. even though i'm the best student in my tutorial and can do any question thrown at me, apart from a few to an almost 100% level, as my tutor says, I should work on my basic concepts? wtf?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
BB announcement:

The average for the mid-semester exam is about 60%-65% .

wtf?? i am so confused. the grade book says 46.9

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Abdul said that doesn't factor in people who haven't sat the exam (about 10%). Poo. I got below average. I hate this. Oh well, I can still hope for a D :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
aww stazi
what a farce...cant you scab some marks or two?
how much was the mid sem sexam out of?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
it's out of 20, so 11/20 is my mark. which is the lowest mark ive ever received. i'm going to the exam review day today to check it out. Oh well, guess I can still get a D if i pwn the final exam.

hypemaster

HSC
N/A
Hahaha.. you poor people that still have to do 1b, fin a, fin b, man a, man b, audit etc... You're in for a hell of a ride. and it only gets harder. goodluck!.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)