ACCT 1001 Mid-Semester Results (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i didnt have to do 1A or 1B but ill do them anyway. furthermore, everyone ive spoken to has said that generally speaking, 1A and 1B will be the hardest units, as you have to cover so much groundwork in so little time.

hypemaster

HSC
N/A
No wayyyyyyyyyyyyy in this world that 1A or 1B covers more work then the Management Accounting B readings.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
what the? i thought stazi did acct1001 like... ages ages ago? like... last year or the year before?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Nope. It has never been a compulsory unit for me.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Man, Abdul is a *****!!!!
The marking was so freakin' harsh. The first question in particular, there was an all or nothing kinda thing going on. You either get full marks (3 marks) for journalising each transaction correctly or zero if there is one single mistake they can spot. No partial marks in between. Now that's slack...
It's like he enjoys bringing us down and being the boss, and he won't be satisfied until he sees like at least 20% of the whole candidature fail no matter how smart they are. He's intentionally putting hundreds of students at risk of failure even when the majority of them have the adequate skills in accounting for the real world. Even the lecturer in that exam review workshop admits it's slack and that she is powerless to do anything about it....

On a brighter note, I'm actually satisfied with my own result. For someone with hardly any commerce background (e.g. back then I didn't even know what share capital or revenue was until I looked up the textbook, yes, I was that dumb...LOL) from school, it's good to know that I did better than some people who actually did do commerce subjects at school. I do admit, it was an easier exam compared to past years (hence the almost credit average) but the extra-harsh marking kinda cancelled that out and eventually it pissed me off because I should have got higher....

On a side note, according to external sources, there isn't as much work involved in Commerce at UNSW as there is here. Is that true?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
The marking wasn't that much harsher than what is expected. The average was quite high for accounting (60-65%). He's not trying to make people fail (not much benefit to him), in fact they tried dumbing down the exam from last year, where he intentionally was trying to make people fail. Since the average is higher, one could predict that marking was correspondingly lenient.

What did you get out of interest?

Also, the workload across all unis in NSW is quite similar.

In other news, I should be able to scam about 3 marks, but then again a mark of 58 is pretty gh3y by my standards.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
chillax trebla... if things get out of hand, they can always scale you guys...

but imho, in the audition world, it is this harsh, if there is even one thing which didn't follow the standard precedure, the organisation in charge of keep the standard is going to go behind your back for the next eternity

@stazi: so what make you do acct?! lol did somebody tell you it's fun?!

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Accounting is quite useful for brand management in marketing (particularly what is learned in 1B, which I also need 1A for).

They won't scale this exam, they only scale the final.

hypemaster

HSC
N/A
The final exam (2yrs ago) was alot harder then the midsem as well... i can still remember the stupid inventory questions and reconcilation haha..

I think they only scale your final exam mark, IF, you pass it.

yvonne_710

Don't Lie
HSC
回复: ACCT 1001 Mid-Semester Results

i agree that the final gonna be hard from past yr experiences. so i still think that ECMT is kinda easy in final.

Toby_18

HSC
stazi said:
The marking wasn't that much harsher than what is expected. The average was quite high for accounting (60-65%). He's not trying to make people fail (not much benefit to him), in fact they tried dumbing down the exam from last year, where he intentionally was trying to make people fail. Since the average is higher, one could predict that marking was correspondingly lenient.

What did you get out of interest?

Also, the workload across all unis in NSW is quite similar.

In other news, I should be able to scam about 3 marks, but then again a mark of 58 is pretty gh3y by my standards.
i didnt study too much and got 62%.. i also had thought I had fucked it.. ah well.. guess we all cant get good luck

:)

seriously, stress less dude.. its accounting. ps: we dont have to do all those financial things if we dont do more accounting.. woot

stazi

Nightman
HSC
stress less...its accounting

why is that relevant?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)