• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Acfi2080... (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well the three hour exam strikes again! It is just too long and I always end up losing concentration and then need to rush at the end and as a result I didn't have enough time to completely correct a question I did wrong:mad:. Anyway, there were a couple of questions that I wasn't expecting but overall I think it was a pretty easy exam as expected. I should get a HD quite comfortably:D.

baker182

HSC
SoCal said:
Well the three hour exam strikes again! It is just too long and I always end up losing concentration and then need to rush at the end and as a result I didn't have enough time to completely correct a question I did wrong:mad:. Anyway, there were a couple of questions that I wasn't expecting but overall I think it was a pretty easy exam as expected. I should get a HD quite comfortably:D.
HD hey, so you understood question 1? :rolleyes:

UGFighter

HSC
I was reasonably happy with it considering I only looked at 3 topics and that allowed me to answer 75% of the exam.

The second page, with Q4-9 was pretty good.. almost 50% of the marks right there. That exam was worth 100% for me, so hopefully I can scrape a pass :D

edit: baker, I didn't even attempt Q1 - I've done it before but couldn't for the life of me remember what the formula looks like, let alone what the symbols mean :p... half-attempted Q2, didn't really know what it was talking about... and the one about infusion (10 or 11?) or something I didn't attempt as well.

Last edited:

UGFighter

HSC
celcast said:
Yeah question 1 doesnt seem that bad, all the stuff for that is on blackboard. The only problem is trying to remember it all.

ACFI3140 isnt actually to bad. However I just dont go to the lectures and didnt do much work for it. I think if you stayed on top of it through the year it'd be ok.
I reckon it should be reasonably easy to scrape a pass in this..

We're given Q1 which is worth 20 marks... spend a few hours doing up an answer.

Question 3 is a theoretical question largely relating to Chapter 9 of the text and is worth 4 marks.
Question 5 is a numerical question largely concerning Chapter 9 of the text and is worth 12 marks.
Question 11 is a numerical question largely relating to Chapter 6 of the text and is worth 12 marks.
Question 8 is a theoretical question largely relating to Chapter 6 of the text and is worth 7 marks.

That's 55 marks there, with your answer to Q2 and the study of two chapters - 6 & 9.

Question 7 is a theoretical question largely relating to Chapters 1 through 3 of the text and is worth 5 marks.
Question 4 is a theoretical question largely relating to Chapters 1 through 3 of the text and is worth 4 marks
Question 10 is a theoretical question largely relating to Chapter 3 of the text is worth 8 marks

another 17 marks based on chaps 1-3.

(you could probably do enough if you get to this point and scrape a pass I reckon).

Question 9 is a numerical question largely relating to Chapters 4 and 10 of the text and is worth 9 marks..

chaps 4 + 10 for 9 marks

Question 6 is a numerical / theoretical question largely concerning Chapters 11 and 12 of the text and is worth 5 marks

chaps 11 +12 for 5 marks.

Question 2 is a theoretical question that draws together many sections from the course

This'll be a killer and gets a half-assed attempt as the end 'cause I don't have time to study all the topics :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
baker182 said:
HD hey, so you understood question 1? :rolleyes:
Yeah, I got 13.5% or something as my answer by memory. It was the same question as the example given in the lecture, only much simpler:). How was it that the exact same question you asked before the exam was in it:p.

UGFighter said:
half-attempted Q2, didn't really know what it was talking about... and the one about infusion (10 or 11?) or something I didn't attempt as well.
What was question two? I can't remember it. Haha, the word is "immunisation", not infusion:D. I can tell that you didn't go to the last lecture if you didn't know what that was:p.

UGFighter

HSC
How'd you go celcast?

I read the articles from the AFR on China, studied chaps 1-3, chap 6 & 9 so hopefully I'll pass.

I had nfi with Q2, didn't read that article unfortunately... 12 marks gone. Q9 was a bit of a wtf, but probably could have been worked out? I'm not too fussed as I had a lift to Sydney at 4pm so I wanted to get out of there. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)