• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Achieving 90+ (1 Viewer)

a8o

HSC
Intriguing i am said:
Yeah, im starting year 11 soon and i just want to know what post-modernism is like considering that im doing extension english
Not too hard, read widely now. Get in the flow of it and you'll kill the course if you can write well. If you can't, work on it.

Intriguing i am

HSC
well ive been on 2ue and won competitions in the Sydney morning herald, and in
essays at school i usually get anywhere from 12 out of 15 to 15 out of 15

will i do alright???

milton

HSC
i'm doing the same subjects.

if u get 90% for all those subjects then you can probably get a UAI of at least 99.
for me and ppl @ my school, the UAI isn't really a target, its more of an expectation. our principal always lectures us after every exam about how bad our UAI estimates are, even though they're still in the high 90s, and threatens to get rid of our senior common room and lock us in the library duing our free periods.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
milton said:
i'm doing the same subjects.

if u get 90% for all those subjects then you can probably get a UAI of at least 99.
for me and ppl @ my school, the UAI isn't really a target, its more of an expectation. our principal always lectures us after every exam about how bad our UAI estimates are, even though they're still in the high 90s, and threatens to get rid of our senior common room and lock us in the library duing our free periods.
Lol, i know a few others that are doing our combo. All the best for the next year :)

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
the hardest part of wat u wanna do is keeping motivated, but if u can u will ace it for sure

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
umm.. hsc isn't that hard you just need to cram basically. Even if you DID study consistently it still comes down to the final cram session before the exam. I know this isn't the right thing to encourage but I'v never had a study timetable, you don't really need one, just cram like starting from 1 or 2 weeks before each assessment block and you should be fine.

I mean.. this is true especially if you're only going for like 90+. Maybe if you were aiming for 99.8+ it might be a different case, but seriously, you've got awesome subjects in terms of scaling (well i rkn sciences are ghey :p but..) What school are you in btw? 4u maths is only offered at decent schools i rkn so you should be able to ride the scaling wave there aswell...

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We only have one 4u class of about 12 at the moment, but that's gonna decrease because I know some of them will drop out during the next year. If i get around top few, i think my marks should scale pretty well.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Try to keep up with 4u cus I think that's a mistake I made. I joined 4u late so had to play catchup with the rankings.. improved a few each assessment but at the end of the day I coulda done a bit better with internal rankings :(

jebba_d

iSam said:
I want to go for a 90+ UAI as well, although I have no idea what I want to do at Uni. I just want to keep my options open. I know that I'd like to go to Sydney, but I don't know what I want to do there.
thats really weird. usually u find out what u wanna do and then look at allll ur options at every uni to see which offers the best course, has best faculty, greater job opportunities, more respectable courses to employers etc etc. by saying i wana go to sydney uni ur really narrowing the scope down a lot. u may find that the course u wana do at syd is much more comrehensive at mac or something. each uni has its merits, sydneys good for arts, med, science and stuff....but i believe mac is a lot better for business and junk. also it may just be me, but sydneys a name, if u think about it it really doesnt hav a huge amount of facilities. not putting it down, what it lacks in facilities it makes up for in social scene

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)