Acne Help? (1 Viewer)

qp

HSC
It's a possibility. Another explanation is that overly vigorous scrubbing can rupture the cysts formed in acne, releasing more of the debris and increasing inflammation, aggravating the problem.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
True, true.
If you can identify the distribution patterns of your acne it may halp too Doris. Do you tend to break out more where there is a lot of sebum or do you get more acne in dry areas?

TBH, I don't think any topical creams will totally eradicate your acne, it may just be that unfortunately, it's something you'll grow out of.

Tips though;
Especially when using rough exfoliants, there is no need to rub them in hard. Light circles are enough to get rid of the surface dirt.

Has anybody had experience with cortisone injections?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
theism said:
i get dan kearns clear skin regime imported from the US.
pretty good stuff.

better then proactiv (i was on that for almost 6months), cheaper too.
Proactive makes me lol.
The ads are all, 'we use this magical thing called benzoyl peroxide!!' and everybody at home goes 'woooooooow'

I'll stop being cynical now though, long day.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
katie tully said:
True, true.
If you can identify the distribution patterns of your acne it may halp too Doris. Do you tend to break out more where there is a lot of sebum or do you get more acne in dry areas?

TBH, I don't think any topical creams will totally eradicate your acne, it may just be that unfortunately, it's something you'll grow out of.

Tips though;
Especially when using rough exfoliants, there is no need to rub them in hard. Light circles are enough to get rid of the surface dirt.

Has anybody had experience with cortisone injections?
moar in the dry parts, oddly enough my tzone is pretty clear. its mostly cheeks and jawline. meh, it doesn't like take over my life or anything but it'd be pretty good to make it go away :/

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I've used so many cleanser and moisturising combinations over the years, but really don't think any had much of an effect on my skin. Sometimes I'd have "perfect" skin and the next week I'd be using concealer like crazy.
Girls can go on the pill for acne, but it doesn't work for everyone. I went on Diane and had amazing skin after a few months, but put on about 10kg in that timespan, so eventually gave up. My friend, however, went on Diane and all she got was bigger boobs, her skin actually got worse. It all depends on your hormones I guess.

Exon

HSC
Why on earth would anyone dare consider using bleach on their skin? Bleach forms part of the majority of acne fighting products - Benzoyl Peroxide, hence its ability to permanently bleach fabrics.

tahlsy31191

HSC
* Washing your skin is essential (it helps remove excess surface oils and dead skin cells that can clog your pores), but washing too much can actually cause damage by overdrying your skin or irritating existing acne.
* Remember to wash after exercising because sweat can clog your pores and make your acne worse. If you work around greasy food or oil or if you've been sweating from heat or because you've been working hard, wash your face and other acne-prone areas as soon as possible.
* If you use skin products, such as lotions or makeup, look for ones that are noncomedogenic or nonacnegenic, which means that they don't clog pores. I personally like Young Solution which is developed especially for young people going through puberty and the changes in hormones.
* NEVER squeeze them. You WILL get scars.
* I find putting a bit of toothpaste on pimples at night time dries them out and they go away quicker.
* Do not over moisturizer.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Exon said:
Why on earth would anyone dare consider using bleach on their skin? Bleach forms part of the majority of acne fighting products - Benzoyl Peroxide, hence its ability to permanently bleach fabrics.
Uh, it's only about 2% Benzoyl Peroxide found in the lotions.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
doris I had what you have, cystic acne on the jawline is hormonal. Get your gp to put you on a different pill or try differin. If you've had a lot of lady-undercarriage problems then it's probably related.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
this is just an opinion, but maybe your acne is persistent because its combined with allergy (e.g. hives). this was the case for me (acne+the surrounding skin looked really red and broken), and in this case you shouldn't use harsh chemicals such as benzoyl peroxide...you should treat it first with some kinda allergy suppressant pill (go to GP and get prescription), then use mild acne treatment face-wash (don't use soap cause it might irritate your skin), gel, etc...just thought to say that.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
My friend had a acne problem, his face was so pizza ish. One day his Asian friend recommend him get this brand like a sachet, called 'pises powder' at some Asian supermarket, the instruction is clean your face, pop your pimples out till you see blood coming out, insert the powder mix with water onto your face overnight. Next day the pimple dries out and never returned to that spot. And his face was gone of acne. (took less than 2 weeks for his face to clear up) so yeah try some Asian store that will help you, hopefully

hairspray

HSC
i recommend using Cetaphil and drinking crazy amounts of water.

hairspray

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
lol you can die from too much water.
yerh, i know that. but exactly how much is too much? i drink like 2.5L a day and heaps of fruit juice. *shrugs* i do whatever to keep the spots away i guess?

til2010

Admittedly Amateur
HSC
cetaphil + witchazel + benzyl peroxide mixed with facial moisturiser cleared me up goooood.
:p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
oi does anyone actually know what'll happen to me if i take doxycycline and vitamin A supplements together. apparently its bad but I don't think it would've been prescribed if it was (I'd ring my doc but she's not open thursdays AFAIK). I mean is it a seriously life threatening kinda thing or is it one of those 1 in 1221349835 cases rare side effect things. If its the latter then I don't care, but just need to check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)