ACST101 Lecturer (1 Viewer)

Clean Sweep

HSC
Is it this just me or has everyone else experienced this as well?
Searching the forums, I get the sense that David Westcott is really negative and mean.
I did ACST101 for the first time this semester but from my experience with him, he was actually quite nice.
He avoided mentioning the failure rate and when someone did mentioned the failure rate aloud, he would look the other away and pretended he didn't hear anything.
In fact, the most negative thing he did was saying that those falling behind won't be coming the lectures but didn't condemn them for doing so.
Yeah, he was still very monotonous but he wasn't aggressive by any means.

Last edited:

222tracytracy222

HSC
N/A
I did ACST in 2012 and like you, I thought he was pretty nice. He was just a grumpy old man, and really loud for 9am.

But we would talk talk talk an go off on tangents. Elements can be finished in like 20 minutes but he ends up taking up the whole hour!

p3rf3ction

HSC
Westcott is golden. Had him for ACST101, and rocked up to the first week's lecture and there were some moments of entertainment. He doesn't look like a bad dude at all, I guess he just has a passion for putting those who don't take the subject seriously in their place - at least in the lectures.

And funny that about how he said you'll be falling back if you don't go lectures. That was the only lecture I went to the whole semester that sem, and it was my best performance. 3 D's and a credit, ACST101 being one of the D's. And I'm only half decent at maths and I'm not doing actuary or finance or accounting.

hi guys i really hate acst101 don't get any help?
wat? The sem is over, are you talking about a previous sem lol?

ChrisAC

HSC
wat? The sem is over, are you talking about a previous sem lol?
read the name. the person is in SIBT.

i did ACST101 in SIBT. They give you ample help, more than in MQ. You just need to put more hours into revision

cccccccccc87

HSC
I did it in S1,2014 and get a D
He is quite helpful..if u post your question on the form and he will reply you even on sunday night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)