ACST101 Unit Requirements Quiz (1 Viewer)

Obsequious

HSC
Hey everyone.

I was just wondering about the mathematical unit requirements quiz for ACST101. I only did general mathematics in the HSC and I am very nervous about whether I would be able to complete this test satisfactorily to be able to do the subject.

I am only planning on doing this particular subject as one of my compulsory units for the commerce degree (I plan on studying a major unrelated to mathematics later on) and I am worried that this subject will stop me from being able to do this.

So what I am asking is, how hard is this requirements quiz and will I able to complete it with a general mathematics background?

converge

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone.

I was just wondering about the mathematical unit requirements quiz for ACST101. I only did general mathematics in the HSC and I am very nervous about whether I would be able to complete this test satisfactorily to be able to do the subject.

I am only planning on doing this particular subject as one of my compulsory units for the commerce degree (I plan on studying a major unrelated to mathematics later on) and I am worried that this subject will stop me from being able to do this.

So what I am asking is, how hard is this requirements quiz and will I able to complete it with a general mathematics background?
Hi Obsequious

The unit requirements quiz is a piece of cake. All the answers are in the unit guide. With hard work and revision, this unit shouldn't be too difficult for you.

Obsequious

HSC
Thanks for the quick reply!

I was just looking at the unit guide and it had something about derivatives on it! Does this mean that there will be something on derivatives in the test because I am certain we did not do them in the general mathematics course. :(

converge

HSC
N/A
No worries mate.

The unit requirements quiz is testing you on the actual unit itself for e.g. number of tutorials you have to attend.

Derivatives is something you learn later in the unit (in elements if I recall correctly).

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah it's really easy. I didn't do any maths in year 12 and I got 100% first go.

You only learn about derivatives in the elements part of the course if I remember correctly, so you'll only need to be familiar with some basic theory regarding them.

Obsequious

HSC
Thank you very much I am feeling a lot less nervous about this quiz now, I guess now I only have to do the studying afterward right, how hard can that be? :p

Last edited:

rayy_bann

HSC
Hello! Can someone please explain to me what this quiz is? Im confused lol thanks!

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello! Can someone please explain to me what this quiz is? Im confused lol thanks!
It will ask you like 3 questions from the top of my head I can remember one of them being "How many tutorials are you required to attend to pass the unit?" or something like that.

Easy stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)