ACST255 Exam Structure (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi,

I am doing ACST255 this semester. I've just done the first assignment and find most of it is just use the right formula then calculate. But obviously in the exam, it's not that easy.

So I was wondering what kind of questions are in the exams really? Because I am abit confused atm.

Also I will be having the 255 test next tuesday. I am also abit unclear of what will be in the test, as in will they ask us theories and ask us to work out maths formulae? or is it just going to be using the right formula then calculator bashing?

Thx!

hello2004

There should be a couple of past papers on e-reserve.

Whe I did it (2006), there was a tiny bit of true/false, a few multiple choice and then six long questions asking us to value different liabilities or products.

Conceptually the subject is easy. It's just that after you've valued 4 of the produts in the exam, you're mind starts wandering as you struggle to complete the last 2.

HSC
Ah. Thanks Hello2005. Even though I dunno what will be in the exams, but your answer really helps me. Thanks thanks! ^_^

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
From what I know you have got a new lecturer for 255 this time around (Dr. Xauo or something). So I wouldn't really bother with past papers as the type of questions will be quite different.

He took acst354 last sem and the exam questions were pretty much the same as the tutorial questions, so my tip would be to go over all the tute Qs making sure you know how to do everyone of them.

If you still have questions on what content will be in the exam, just ask the lecturer, he's probably the happiest guy in the acst dept (maybe because he's new :p).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)