Acting Your Age (1 Viewer)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
Is there a general age where you have to start... you know... being mature and acting like a... ugh... an adult? :(

HSC
N/A
I used to think the number was 21, but knowing people in their 20s, no :p

I also know a few people in early thirties, and still no :D

I guess it's all in spirit. People can still have fun as they get older, but just not get trashed as often/not becoming old and boring :D

vern

HSC
18 year old with the mentality of a 15 year old and proud of it.

Darkening

HSC
yes, once your 13 :p

omg your such a noob!! you didnt even know that question!!! ANDWER!! ANSWER!!! NOOB!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
transcendent said:
Is there a general age where you have to start... you know... being mature and acting like a... ugh... an adult? :(
After getting married? I know alot of my relatives who are in their late 20's who have just been married for a few months and are all mature with their wives when before that they were still acting like they were 15 year olds.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
I don't know. I still act like a 12-year-old :(

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i act like a kid a lot, but the kid's not that young :p
when i have to (eg. work-related stuff), of course i act mature, but as long as i can at least have a laugh & have fun i'm happy :D

i'm with riviet, by the time you're getting engaged/married you should be at least starting to act your age. a married 30-40 year old acting about 20-ish is just weird, yet if they were single you dont take as much notice because they are single (its strange, but its the truth)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
when i was younger i thought 20 year olds acted like such adults. but from the younger generation i always get comments that they can't believe how old i am :S I try to not act old around them, but I still think comments are concerning :S

but some adults at 30 and 40 still act young. so i don't think there is an age when you have to start acting old. i think it probably comes with increased responsibility - marriage, job and kids.

so transcendent, no, woot! :D

katy-g

HSC
i suppose ive always been a bit "too big for my boots" type thing and always thought i was heaps mature and that everyone around me was always really gay....

Wait i still think that. LOL.

But no, seriously. I think when you start putting ur life together; job, house, pets, marriage, kids... blah blah... that you start settling down. Cos like, my mum always says maturity comes with wisdom and experience. And i still tell her that she sounds like a wank when she says that but still, its true.

But then i look at people like my step father and my friends dad and realise, some boys never grow up.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
You only need to be mature in serious situations anyway...other than that meh! be yourself.

Darkening

HSC
Darkening said:
yes, once your 13 :p

omg your such a noob!! you didnt even know that question!!! ANDWER!! ANSWER!!! NOOB!
I typed this ages ago.. wow

sure did make me look stupid.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
It's different for everyone. I know 19-year-olds who still find fart jokes funny.

safronlove

HSC
It s depend on individual and very from one person to another but average may be around 14.....

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
iambored said:
when i was younger i thought 20 year olds acted like such adults. but from the younger generation i always get comments that they can't believe how old i am :S I try to not act old around them, but I still think comments are concerning :S

but some adults at 30 and 40 still act young. so i don't think there is an age when you have to start acting old. i think it probably comes with increased responsibility - marriage, job and kids.

so transcendent, no, woot! :D
some people have kids and are married and are irresponsible...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Sometimes it's ok to mess around and sometimes you need to be serious.

You can't just act like a stupid boring adult all the time.

mIrRoRiNsIde

HSC
my friends always say I am heps older and mature. just because of the way i dress and look guys always try to pick me up and dont realise it loL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)