Action Research (1 Viewer)

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
Going into my second year prac. I have been introduced to the idea of action research.
Has anyone else completed some action research? And if so what areas did you look at?

The question i have formulated is:
"What is the basis for providing clear and effective directions/instruction, for students to follow, within the context of the primary classroom?"

I am a little daunted by the idea, as it seems as though it is going to be a lot of work. Though i am really interested in learning more about it, and developing ideas so that i can use it more effectively in my practice.
So i was hoping to get a little more understanding about it before i get into it all.

Cheers
Tabbi

rific

HSC
Action research is ideal for teachers, because it can be done during the course of normal teaching practice. I'm using an action research framework for my Teacher Research Project, it's not too daunting once you get your head around what you want to do.

Try this website, it's fairly straightforward and has some decent samples to look at, it could help you figure out how to focus your research or how it works effectively.

Hope it helps! And you're doing well to be thinking along these lines in second year prac.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)