adding a turbo (1 Viewer)

HSC
7th Sign said:
yaris turboed DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!

just buy a new car man buy something sporty that has good kw ...

dont waste your money on a yaris...

in the end people get over street racing...wow its like a few minutes fun...

Save your money get a nice sporty car that looks nice and will impres people that way.
dude. like seriously..

not everyone gets turbos / buys sporty cars to go street racing or to impress people.
a lot of people actually enjoy everyday driving and i merely wanted to enhance it. people trying to impress others are just the wannabes and those who want to make up for their lack of driving ability

7th Sign

HSC
meah do it you will look like a big doolie on the streets and it will be a waste of money...even if you get the kit installed you chances of beating a good sports car will still be shit.

Go listen to the experts on here who thin its going to cost 1 grand for the kit hahahahaha....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
dude. like seriously..

not everyone gets turbos / buys sporty cars to go street racing or to impress people.
a lot of people actually enjoy everyday driving and i merely wanted to enhance it. people trying to impress others are just the wannabes and those who want to make up for their lack of driving ability
agree x10.

7th Sign

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Or grow some balls and impress people by not being such a faggot like 7th sign.

bet you dont even have a car you gronk..

sure if you think a yariz with a turbo kit is cool

you are fucked up...

HSC
Pace_T said:
Don't be so quick to judge. I agree with 7th_sign to a certain degree. Everyone wants to impress someone else and putting a turbo in a yaris and in the process, spending thousands more on engine adjustments, probably isn't the best option IMO. The performance gain would be far to small for the cost of the changes. Besides, the yaris is probably one of the pussiest cars currently on the road and many people will think you're a twit if you put a turbo in it.
damn dude...my respect for you (if i had any) just dropped 100 points...
again...not everyone upgrades their cars to impress others, and quite frankly, i dont give a toss what others think about my car...

lemme guess..your one of those wogs (no racism intended, just going along with the sterotype :) ) that buy expensive brand name cars to impress people :rolleyes:

HSC
7th Sign said:
meah do it you will look like a big doolie on the streets and it will be a waste of money...even if you get the kit installed you chances of beating a good sports car will still be shit.

Go listen to the experts on here who thin its going to cost 1 grand for the kit hahahahaha....
god damn dude!..read my bloody post..

wasnt planning to turbo it to IMPRESS people or to DRAG, RACE..WHATEVER...others.

Pace_T

HSC
Well if you want to put in a turbo purely for your driving enjoyment while travelling along mostly 50km/h streets, then you're an idiot. Why even consider spending more than a couple of grand purely for that? People install turbos because they are speed freaks and like to leave others in their dust after the light turns green, not to get to 50km/h a second quicker.
If you truly wanted a better driving experience, you shouldn't have gotten a yaris. it would have saved you a whole lot of money 'cause you wouldn't even need a turbo to get a nice driving experience if you chose a better car.

HSC
Well if you want to put in a turbo purely for your driving enjoyment while travelling along mostly 50km/h streets, then you're an idiot.
your argument is based on the assumption that i go 50km/h everywhere i go. but the fact is, the only place i travel at 50km/h is in the street of my home. everywhere else, its usually +70km/h. so there goes that point.
BUT, if i were to wack on a turbo to drive up and down my street, then yes, i would be an idiot.
People install turbos because they are speed freaks and like to leave others in their dust after the light turns green, not to get to 50km/h a second quicker.
again, you are assuming people wack on turbos to 'impress' others...or to leave others 'eating their dust'. you are forgetting that amazingly...people do actually enjoy everyday driving, even if its to the shops aroudn the corner. im sure other car enthusiasts would agree.

If you truly wanted a better driving experience, you shouldn't have gotten a yaris.
my choice for the yaris was not wholely based on speed (obviously), but a range of factors: build quality, performance, value for money, ergonomics of the car, insurance costs, suitability for my needs, fuel economy, safety and maintainance costs.
yes, i couldve gotten some 2nd hand, 100ks under the belt, nice sporty car with good performance at the same price as a new yaris, but then i wouldnt have most of those factors that i consider important for my choice..which is why i decided not to go for the turbo (in post #4) since having a turbo will defy some of those factors (eg value for money, insurance costs, fuel economy, and maintainance costs)

...you wouldn't even need a turbo to get a nice driving experience if you chose a better car.
oh damn, youre right. i shouldve gotten that M3 :rolleyes:

Pace_T

HSC
Mercedes Benz is just as nice to drive :)
You had the turbo in mind, and hence people here got the impression that you needed more speed. Don't go off at people for assuming that when almost all cars that had turbos put into them separately were designed to impress. I can totally see where you're coming from, but 3 or so grand on increasing power for your type of car isn't cheap.

Better doesn't equal more expensive.
There are many cars out there that are cheaper than yours and have better driving performance (and yes I'm aware that they may suck in other aspects - e.g. insurance)

HSC
Pace_T said:
Better doesn't equal more expensive.
There are many cars out there that are cheaper than yours and have better driving performance (and yes I'm aware that they may suck in other aspects - e.g. insurance)
hmm..id actually like to know which ones youre talking about...care to share? :)

EDIT: ...and with the same specs, features, type (hatch), price, model year etc etc

Pace_T

HSC
ToO LaZy ^* said:
hmm..id actually like to know which ones youre talking about...care to share? :)

EDIT: ...and with the same specs, features, type (hatch), price, model year etc etc
I never said the year model, specifications etc. had to be the same. It'd be ignorant to think that you've gotten the best performing car for the price (which is the only factor I had initially considered, and still do.)
BUT as you have considered all the other factors when you purchased the car, which I believe you did, then you had to make compromises on its performance, including the fact that it'd cost a lot to get a turbo installed.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ToO LaZy ^* said:
yeah i wanted to make people think my lil car is 'innocent', then unleash the beast within and BAM, they shit their pants
LOL I'd like to drive a C55 for that very reason. Looks like an innocent oldies sedan but put the foot down and it'll own!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Btw to TC, have you considered a supercharger?

When I was in Singapore my cousin's friend said for $7k he could install supercharger into a right-hand-drive BMW. (Btw if anyone is curious to see I took a few photos of the supercharger on the 325 and modified transmission from automatic to SMG).

funniboi

HSC
if the man wants to chuck on a turbo , then so be it,

don't give him shit and tell him not to do it, and judge him.

mate, at least it's something different.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ToO LaZy ^* said:
TC = me? :confused:

..yeah supercharging it would be too expensive for my budget anyway..

load the pics plzz :), im curious.,
LOL TC = topic creator, so yes you :)

NB. Sorry for poor quality- I took with my cameraphone at night... this is someone else's 325i- but the guy claims to be able to get at least 360hp from our 330Ci for $7k sgd (approx $6.8aud) using the supercharger, and the SMG transmission (like above) can also be added in with a few other mods (such as allow key to be removed without being in park). Also note, our 330Ci has already been 'slightly modified' with a few different components inside... too lazy to elaborate. Apparently it's not possible to fit a turbo to a right-hand-drive e46 3 series.

... btw I'd be curious to see what digimods could do with a yaris^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)