Adding up the units (B Computing) (1 Viewer)

scumm

HSC
Bachelor of Computing

So, this course requires 240 credit points/24 units over 3 years.

The key program (Information Systems) specifies 18 units, which leaves 6 elective units to be chosen by the student (i.e. yours truly). However, I want to major in Advanced Programming, which takes up 7 units. Therefore, the key program + major = 250 credit points.

So what I wanna know is, how would I go about taking up Advanced Programming in addition to my 18 compulsory units? Do I just do 250 credit points and the University will only look at my best 240 credit points? If so, where/when could I sneak in this extra unit? Or can I just leave out one of the units from the major?

Thanks~

Last edited:

Bananaberry

HSC
Id spead to the student centre. You need to do the 240 cp's to get your major, so I would not leave anything out. You might have to do 5 subjects for one semester.

Honestly Im not really sure, just ask the student centre or head of program

taker0

HSC
you can just leave out one elective unit ...the electives are only to buld up your credit points so if you use a unit set the extra unit will count as your elective.

Darkenedjib

HSC
I'm guessing they recently removed another key program which covers some of AP major units as core, or removed an elective somewhere in 2nd year. The old course I'm doing (3507.3) had 8 electives plus some units which counted towards majors too. You should email the unit coordinator asap.

edit: Also...
- Major requires 8 units
- Formal Software Engineering requires you to have completed Discrete Mathematics, which is not part of the Information Systems key program

In other words you need to do 9 units given 6 electives, who the heck designed these programs =/.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)