• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

mikey168

HSC
(quote=rizz) I got enlisted for a rifleman, leavin early january...

Hey mate. got my YOU session 5th october, my first preference was rifleman. When you u where there did they say anything about number of place left, if not can anyone remember the other jobs that would be available

Last edited:

ila3

HSC
lol hopefully not too hot for me im navy... so ill be at western port 70km from melb for initial training :D

rizz_31

HSC
haha ila lucky u man.

mikey they didnt say specifically how many positions were left but i do know that rifleman is the most competitive position for the Gap year so u'll have to do pretty well at your assessment day (if u make it) in order to get in..

i'm guessing that if thats ur preference and they want u to do a You session, there must still be positions available..

good luck!

aragami0012

HSC
N/A
I got told straight after my assessment day that I could expect a letter of offer and got it like 4 days later.

Some people would have to wait a long time for all the paperwork and whatnot to go through though.

edit: for the people that are going to kapooka, jump on the ARTC site and have a watch of the videos of training, I watched them the other night and it looks pretty exciting.

link: http://www.defence.gov.au/army/artc/training.cfm

rizz_31

HSC
yeh i watched them 2, it all looks awesome except for the high ropes course.

i have a crazy fear of heights and it looks really realllllly high lol! plus i know i cant back out or i'll get screamed at.

apart from that it looks like its gunna be tough work but really awesome

Last edited:

annzy

HSC
hey i got in the army too, so glad to hear a girl who is going in too! my enlistment day is the 9th of feb so i guess i will see you at kapooka! where you from?

rizz_31

HSC
heyy annzy...dunno if u were talkin to me or not lol, but i'm from Melbourne....
congrats on gettin in! thats awesome and i'm sure there'll be heaps of other girls doin it as well so u won't be the only 1 lol!

where abouts u from?

annzy

HSC
yeah to anyone lol, im from south gisspalnd a little town called nyora lol. and you?

rizz_31

HSC
oh kool, never heard of it! lol......i'm from berwick, pretty big place bout 40min from Melbourne....geez ur gunna have a fun time coming into melbourne by 6:00am, or do u come the night before or something?

ila3

HSC
uh question where do we get enlisted im confused!

rizz_31

HSC
as far as i know the ppl in melbourne go to the recruiting office at 6:00, theres a few admin things to do or watever and then we get a bus to kapooka gettin there in the arvo??

let me know if thats not right lol

ila3

HSC
as far as i know the ppl in melbourne go to the recruiting office at 6:00, theres a few admin things to do or watever and then we get a bus to kapooka gettin there in the arvo??

let me know if thats not right lol
yea sounds good but probly not for me..im navy!

olli!

HSC
Found out my date of enlistment today!

2nd of March, for Transport Driver. Can't wait!

glasgowsmile

HSC
hai guise im concerned with the fitness test, how hard is it? i know its 15 push ups, 45 sit ups and 7.5 on the beep test.

how did everyone go with it?

what happens if u fail it?

annzy

HSC
berwick? im 30 mins from berwick!.. have you heard of lang lang? or inverloch ??
but still, i think i will go to melb the night before!! what role are you doing in the army? & where are you going to be based?

annzy

HSC
hai guise im concerned with the fitness test, how hard is it? i know its 15 push ups, 45 sit ups and 7.5 on the beep test.

well i havent done it yet, i do it some time in january. if you fail i'm pretty sure you cant enlist, unless they let you do it again. i need to get seriously off my ass before january!

Kittikhun

HSC

I don't want to sound cocky, but trust me, you're not going to fail it. Their job is to make you pass, not to make you fail.

Greekgirlie

HSC
I got recommended on wedensday. Waiting on one medical test to clear before getting enlistment date.

ila3 as far as i know you go to your nearest recruit center and then go from there. I'm near brissy so i'll have to go there and hten they'll bus us to the airport, we'll fly to melbourne and then bus into HMAS Cerberus.

Have a friend who is going to full time RAAF on tues and thats what they're doing except goign to wagga for basic training.

annzy

HSC
I got recommended on wedensday. Waiting on one medical test to clear before getting enlistment date.

ila3 as far as i know you go to your nearest recruit center and then go from there. I'm near brissy so i'll have to go there and hten they'll bus us to the airport, we'll fly to melbourne and then bus into HMAS Cerberus.

Have a friend who is going to full time RAAF on tues and thats what they're doing except goign to wagga for basic training.
Hi, are you going in for army or navy?

Greekgirlie

HSC
I'm going Navy Gap Year :)
What about you?

They said March intake is open but I need something earlier incaase i dont join full time and need to go to uni in 2011
The lady at my assessment day said that people drop out and other days become available though so i guess thats okay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)